12 Comics Who Aren't Funny

djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 06:34 am
@Intrepid,
it's funny, i used to listen to howard stern when he was on terrestrial radio, gilbert was a frequent guest, i loved him as a funny guy in general conversation, but not as a straight out comedian

the same goes for a lot of comedians, i now listen to opie and anthony, and they have a lot of comedians sit in as guests and again i find them quite enjoyable in general conversation but when i've looked up their comedy, not so much

0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 07:14 am
@djjd62,
Howie Mandel, now he's always been a wee bit pathetic.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 07:16 am
@edgarblythe,
Dennis Miller was always annoying. I think he's smart and good at social commentary, but he was always a bit too pretentious and simply not comical. It always seemed to me he wanted to be cool and not goofy.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 07:19 am
@eoe,
Quote:
Ben Stiller gives me the creeps. I like his parents much more.
Wanda Sykes leaves me cold. I don't get the big whoo about her at all.

Ben Stiller is creepy. Not funny, at all. What is the big deal with Wanda Sykes? I agree.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 09:01 am
@tsarstepan,
I agree with the Wanda Sykes character. Just cause shes black and a lesbian doesnt confer funniness at all

RICHARD LEWIS--He should be shot, hes the only one who finds him funny..
sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 09:05 am
I'm going to be pilloried for this for sure but I finally saw "Family Guy" -- which I expected to like -- and I didn't crack a smile. It was cliched and predictable and tried too hard. I only watched like 20 minutes so maybe that happened to be the worst 20 minutes in the history of the series, but eh.
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 09:08 am
@djjd62,
Jeff Dunham, IMO is only funny when he does his bit with Walter. The rest of his act is ho-hum.

I am disgusted with Leno. I never really liked him, but I find that over the years, he has been pandering to a lower and lower common denominator. I refuse to watch his new show.

I don't have any real knowledge of the rest of djjd62's list.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 09:13 am
@farmerman,
richard lewis is another comedian that was "unmasked" on XM, never liked him as a comic, but he's a pretty interesting guy when interviewed properly
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 09:15 am
@sozobe,
i can get were you're coming from, i find it funnier in small doses, the bits being funnier than an entire show
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 10:14 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I agree with the Wanda Sykes character. Just cause shes black and a lesbian doesnt confer funniness at all

Are you serious? She's been a comedian for over a decade and she just came out. Nor is her comedy particularly "black" that I can tell. Not that I have any idea what that means.

But anyway. I think Wanda is ******* hilarious. Judging here by her HBO specials, not by her talk show--is that airing already? What makes her funny, I think, is her sense of humor.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:21 pm
@Gargamel,
Thats tru, but I never found her funny. Ive seen her go opn and on in a story that had no point and she realized that it wasnt going anywhere so she triwed to bail.
ALso her voice is whiney and grating, sorta like Sam Kinneson (WHO, I actually thought WAS funny)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:25 pm
I like Wanda on the Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom. But she's a character following a script on there. Not many can carry a talk show without failing.
panzade

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I like Wanda on the Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom. But she's a character following a script on there.

IMO The riffs on the black-white friendship are stale and degrading. Wanda is gonna have to re-invent herself or languish in the comedy scrap pile.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:32 pm

what, no wimmin comics on the list?

kathy griffin...
sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:38 pm
@Region Philbis,
As in funny or not funny?

She cracks me up on her show actually. ("D-list")
djjd62

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:46 pm
@Region Philbis,
interesting that

the article was written by a woman

coincidence Confused
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:50 pm
@sozobe,

from what i've seen, not funny...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:53 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Rowan and Martin's Laugh In.

They were pretty funny.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:55 pm
@sozobe,
Family Guy is ever so declining on the humor side. Now they're trying to hard to find the really shocking side of humor.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:57 pm
@Region Philbis,
Come on! I love Kathy Griffin and I ain't gay either! Saw her at Madison Square Garden this year. Took my best friend for her birthday.
0 Replies