ANY LUCID DREAMERS? CAN U CONTROL YOUR DREAMS?

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 02:17 am

ANY LUCID DREAMERS OUT THERE?
CAN U CONTROL YOUR DREAMS?

If u can control your dreams,
then for the length of time that u r asleep
u r the master of your universe and all that u desire will be yours.

David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,232 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 04:27 am
@OmSigDAVID,
It isnt really difficult , i found that by remembering what I was dreaming previously, I could pretty much control the ouitcomes of my next dreams. As a kid I often tried to "reenter" a dream that was interesting , and I could pretty much do that without much trouble.

The only problem I have is if I go to sleep with the TV on or if Id eaten a pizza just before bedtime, I usually incorporate the TV shows into my dreams and its less controlable, and PIZZA NIGHTMARES are a well studied phenom in neuromedical reerach,(I cant imagine writing a grant proposal to study pizza nightmares).

I remember few people on A2K talking about this recently in my thread about dreaming in color.
IM not sure about your "master of the Universe" phrase. MAny people use lucid dreams as a "hobby" in parapsych so Im not sure that they are anything special. Its really not that difficult to achieve once you are aware that it can be done.
However, Ive still never hit the lottery or found the "mountain of gold"
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 04:55 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

It isnt really difficult, i found that by remembering what I was dreaming previously,
I could pretty much control the ouitcomes of my next dreams.
As a kid I often tried to "reenter" a dream that was interesting ,
and I could pretty much do that without much trouble.
U just need your subconscious mind to co-operate.

farmerman wrote:
The only problem I have is if I go to sleep with the TV on or if Id eaten a pizza just before bedtime,
I usually incorporate the TV shows into my dreams and its less controlable, and PIZZA NIGHTMARES
are a well studied phenom in neuromedical reerach,(I cant imagine writing a grant proposal to study pizza nightmares).
I 've never had one of those.

farmerman wrote:
I remember few people on A2K talking about this recently in my thread about dreaming in color.
IM not sure about your "master of the Universe" phrase. MAny people use lucid dreams as a "hobby" in parapsych
so Im not sure that they are anything special. Its really not that difficult to achieve once you are aware that it can be done.
However, Ive still never hit the lottery or found the "mountain of gold"
U can have all the gold u want -- be Midas -- until u awaken, if u control the lucid dream.
MUCH ` lower tax on that gold.
I don 't know how u define "special".

I shoud find n read your thread qua color dreaming.
I dream the same as I see.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 05:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

When I referred to special, I was reflecting on your "master of your domain" thing herein.
I dont think that lucid dreaming is uncommon , its just that many people dont realize that its what they are doing.
Dreaming in color, Ive found out, is less common and that less than half the people actually dream in color.
There used to be an old chestnut that it was "intelleigence based" , and genomic has shown that this is just wishful bullshit. If you have a specific host of genes that are associated withj several more mundane traits, you are unable to dream in color no matter what you do to try to make that a "lucid" trait. Then there are people who dream in color only sometimes, and then there are people who, paralleled with their ability to tastes things like THIQ or MTIQ can dream in color all the time. Its just a sensory trait, not a native IQ trait.

Genomics is slowly pulling back the veil from the walls of myth
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 09:02 am
@farmerman,
David wrote:

farmerman wrote:
When I referred to special, I was reflecting on your "master of your domain" thing herein.
I dont think that lucid dreaming is uncommon, its just that many people dont realize that its what they are doing.
If people habitually controlled their dreams,
then I suspect that this fact woud be better known
and the subject of a lot more endemic commentary.

farmerman wrote:
Dreaming in color, Ive found out, is less common and that less than half the people actually dream in color.
There used to be an old chestnut that it was "intelleigence based",
and genomic has shown that this is just wishful bullshit.
If you have a specific host of genes that are associated withj several more mundane traits, you are unable to dream in color no matter what you do to try to make that a "lucid" trait. Then there are people who dream in color only sometimes, and then there are people who, paralleled with their ability to tastes things like THIQ or MTIQ can dream in color all the time. Its just a sensory trait, not a native IQ trait.
It did not occur to me to corelate it to I.Q.
0 Replies