Ceili

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 07:41 pm
@farmerman,
I do just fine, thanks for asking. lol
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 03:42 am
@dadpad,
I grow gourds each year and my wife often makes bird feeders out of them.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 03:07 pm
@Ceili,
I seem to recall there is another option similar to "Reply", "Quote", and "Report".

You will only have the option if your thread is classified as a question. If you start a discussion, there is no such option.
farmerman

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 07:46 pm
@roger,
Well, I sure as hell am not gonna select your answer. You didnt use the word PUMPKIN in your post.

Im giving you a red splat on your permanent record
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 07:57 pm
My favourite way of cooking pumpkin is probably just about the simplest & the laziest: a baking dish full of pumpkin chunks, along with potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips & slivers of onion which have all been tossed in olive oil & sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper. Then baking the lot at a high heat, so they're wonderfully crunchy on the outside & smooth and creamy on the inside. Yum!
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 08:03 pm
@farmerman,
i'd rather pan fry the bacon, onion and sausages first

then throw the sausages to the dogs
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 11:21 am
@littlek,
Funny I just had this the other night - it was yummy - but it wasn't mini pumpkins but one huge pumpkin.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 11:23 am
@littlek,
They couple that made it didn't do that - cover it - but they put oil on the outside of the pumpkin and had it sitting on a baking dish. It only sagged a little.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 11:28 am
Not sure the exact recipe but here is one that sounds similar:

Beef Stew in a Pumpkin

Pumpkins good size for serving individual servings of stew in. Open top of pumpkins off as you would a jack-o-lantern and remove pulp and seeds from inside.
Prepare the stew:
2 lbs. stew meat
1 onion
1 bell pepper
4 med. potatoes (cubed)
3 carrots (sliced)
2 cloves garlic minced
2 stalks celery (sliced)
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp onion salt
1 tsp gr. black pepper
3 c. water

Turn oven on to 350ยบ
Brown stew meat in oil in large heavy pot with onion and bell pepper. Add other ingredients, cover and simmer
until tender. About 1 hour. Place pumpkins in shallow pan and place stew inside pumpkins. Brush the outside
of the pumpkins with oil. Bake pumpkin and stew about 1 - 2 hours (depending on size) or until pumpkins are tender. Serve immediately.
The pumpkin should be eaten with the stew.

I just did a quick search for pumpkin beef stew and got a bunch so maybe you can find one you like.
0 Replies