Random Thoughts

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:15 pm
1) Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong..

2) I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

3) There is a great need for sarcasm font.

4) How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

5) I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

6) MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

7) Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

8) I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

9) Bad decisions make good stories.

10) You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

11) I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

12) I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

13) I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

14) As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.

15) I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

16) I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.

I received this in an email from a friend. - edgarblythe
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 3,845 • Replies: 21
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:27 pm
# 5 all the way
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
agree wholeheartedly with #3.

#9 is my life.

#10 don't work for me. at the end of my shift, I gotta clean the kitchen to be ready for the 6am shift.

and #15 is just solid advice.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
4) How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet

I just ball it into a relatively shapeless square.

11) I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
I've had this dreaded scenario happen to me.

Thanks for sharing EB!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:44 pm
goog goog good stuff e
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:44 pm
More than one of them is pertinent for me. But, #1 hit home this afternoon.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well being humble and realizing the error is the first start .... Wink
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 04:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
1) Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong..

I disagree. When that happens I learn something. When that doesn't happen someone else learns something (and sometimes it is that they don't like me).

It's a great moment that makes arguments worthwhile.
Mame

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 05:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
I can relate to all of them Smile except No. 1. Great.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 05:13 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
When that happens I learn something. When that doesn't happen someone else learns something (and sometimes it is that they don't like me).

That's a byproduct of well place wisdom and ... well, you are a very wise man. Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 06:28 pm
@Robert Gentel,
The reason it hits home for me is because I sometimes put too much of myself into the erroneous argument. I always learn something from it, though.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

More than one of them is pertinent for me. But, #1 hit home this afternoon.

Oh, oh! Did you have to admit it?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:09 pm
@Reyn,
Somtimes I admit my mistakes, sometimes not.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:05 pm
#15 I confess, I do it.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:10 pm
@jjorge,
Tsk tsk Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 09:12 pm
@jjorge,
Absolutely! Wink
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 06:33 pm
# 15 is me as well. I also have a special ring tone for it so I don't even have to look at the caller ID to know I don't want to answer it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 07:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Random Thoughts

I'm starting to rethink this.

Can a thought really be random?

If you have a thought in the woods, but no one to share it with, does it really exist?

Hmmm........
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 06:26 pm
@Reyn,
Yes and yes.
dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 07:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've been trying to really live by that "commit random acts of ss" thing a lot lately.

So...one of the things I've been doing is to try and do everything I can when driving to be accommodating to others.....you know, letting people in to your lane even when it's inconvenient, letting people get out into traffic when they're coming from parking and such.

Anyway, at the moment, the traffic is horrible. We have three major events in town, with lots of tourists and just people coming in, major roads closed, all of that.

It's taking up to an hour extra to get places.

So, I am doing all this nice stuff and spreading sunbeams and all...when I suddenly thought:

"Is all this nice **** being outweighted by the annoyance of the driver BEHIND me when I do that?"

Shocked Shocked
0 Replies