Rainsoft carbon tank AM32T Help

shayden

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 01:32 pm
My carbon tank does not appear to be working correctly. Anyone have any idea how long a carbon regeneration should take? Also, is there a technical manual that would detail how to manually adjust the black knob or what that little steel plate is used for?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,603 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 05:13 pm
@shayden,
25 minutes ....sounds like the timer mech has gone bad. The black knob just holds the plates behind it tight. No clue what you mean by little steel plate
shayden

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 10:00 am
@Joethewaterguy,
Another problem with my unit. The salt tank overflowed and left the clear plastic tube (with the ball) filled with water. I've removed the salt and the piping was not clogged so I'm guessing another problem exists.

This happened once before, and i just manually started another cycle and it worked itself out. This time, after the stage that fills the tank is over it seems to keep putting water in the salt tank even though it is on the 2hour wait stage.

I've checked all the components and nothing appears cracked or out of wack. Is there a code i can enter to make the water in the "ball holder" go back to normal?

I checked the paddle springs and they seem to be in the proper position and intact.

In the photos i've disconnected the tube to the salt tank so i could siphon the water out, don't be alarmed it's not always like that Very Happy

BTW, during the regeneration process (tried it a third time) i just started pressing buttons...i know..but i'm adventurous. #2 Enter seemed to make the unit go into fast mode...what does that do and any idea what other codes might be helpful?

Thanks Joe.

P.s. I've scheduled a guy to come out and look at the carbon tank timer and see if it is fixable but it'll be about 10 days before he can show up. 10 days of my wife moaning about the water is rough so any help you can give to tide us over would be great!

Pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25293530@N08/sets/72157623242263572/
Joethewaterguy

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 04:19 pm
@shayden,
#2 changes the minutes to seconds. #3 allows you to step through the cycle #1 puts it back in service . it sounds like it got out of cycle to keep putting water in during step 2 . unplug the unit remove the battery let it sit for a minute, put in a fresh battery,plug it back in and hit quiet allarm, and reprogram it. that might solve the problem.
shayden

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 05:58 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Thanks for the reply, i did as you suggested and the water keeps flowing into the tank. Grrr. Anything else i can try to temp fix it till next week? I'm up for unscrewing things and re greasing something if need be.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 07:02 am
@shayden,
after step 1 ,bypass the unit,this should allow the ball to seal at the top , stopping the water flow into the brine tank.then take it off of bypass and let it continue the rest of the cycle.at the end the ball should be at the bottom
0 Replies