At least seven killed in shooting at Fort Hood, Tex.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 05:04 pm
@farmerman,
Well he might be found a murderer or he might be found a manslaughter. To assume either one would be presumptive since they have legal definitions the application of which will be decide in a court of law.

As far as I'm concerned he is a killer and not an "alleged" killer but, for argument's sake, I have given journalists an extreme benefit of doubt. There have been credible reports that some of those hit by bullets may be victims of "friendly fire" which, considering how hellishly chaotic the situation must of have been, is not difficult to believe. I don't believe for a minute that all who died were killed by friendly fire, but...again, benefit of the doubt.

There is, however, every reason to believe he was shooting his gun at people and so he is the Shooter, and not the "alleged" Shooter which some insist upon.

I don't really care whether journalists who wear their politics on their sleeves use "alleged," or not though.

The larger issue is that the PC hand wringing associated with how to portray Hasan in the media is simply one element of a more widespread and dangerous mind set that clearly contribute to the Ft Hood massacre.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 05:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hand-wringing?

Please post an example of hand-wringing.

It seems to me that you have a tendency to see things that aren't there. Have you been evaluated by a competent psychologist?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 05:09 pm
@DrewDad,
I see now, DrewDad, that it is not, necessarily, that you hate intelligent debate, but that you are simply incapable of participating in it.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 05:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Again, this is amusing coming from someone who's main contribution is "ZOMG! A Muslim!"

Please provide an example of hand-wringing.
Eorl

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 11:40 pm
@DrewDad,
Nope, I'm having trouble seeing DrewDad as Lady Macbeth.
Not unless he owns a dog that just won't stay outside.
0 Replies