Rainsoft Classic Apollo V2 softner low salt/battery alarm

ndhelp

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 06:17 pm
I own a Rainsoft Classic Apollo V2 softner which has an alarm that sounds when the salt or battery is low. Is there a way to turn off this alarm? Our softner sits just outside our neighbors' bedroom window and the alarm, of course, is triggered in the middle of the night when regeneration occurs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,497 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 06:44 am
@ndhelp,
the new ones have that option, but not on the older models. have you thought about putting in 999 on the salt level ?
ndhelp

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 12:19 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Thanks, Joe. Unfortunately I have a model purchased in 2001 so I am assuming it is among the "older" models and therefore I don't have the option to turn off the alarm. And thanks for the "999" tip. That would solve the low salt alarm. Anyway to "trick" the low battery alarm?
Joethewaterguy

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2009 02:12 pm
@ndhelp,
I don't know of a way to trick the low battery alarm, but if you change the battery every year, {around here, I tell people to change the battery in the fall when they change their clocks,} you should be set to go unless the power goes out for 72 hours,that's usually what the battery will give you for backup.
ndhelp

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 12:13 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
Thanks, Joe. You have been a big help.
0 Replies