Palin versus Gingrich: Guess who won?

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2009 10:06 am
The political junkies among us have been following closely the contested three-way race in NY-23.

This is a typically conservative (i.e. solidly Republican) district... the fierce battle was between Dede Scozzafava; a moderate republican supported by Newt Gingrich and most of the party leadership, and Doug Hoffman; the Conservative Party candidate supported by Sarah Palin and the people who have been bringing you the Tea Parties we have all been enjoying.

Of course there is a Democratic candidate, Bill Owens, who had a credible shot of winning if the conservative votes were split between the other two candidates.

Well the Republican Candidate (i.e. the moderate Republican candidate) just dropped out of the race... without endorsing either of the other two candidates.

Whether the teabaggers are too extreme beat a moderate Democrat in a conservative district remains to be seen.

But this is an interesting clue about the future direction of the Republican party (not that I am totally upset about that).

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/scozzafava-drops-out-of-ny-23.html?wprss=thefix

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,332 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 31 Oct, 2009 11:15 am
@ebrown p,
Whether the teabaggers are too extreme beat a moderate Democrat in a conservative district remains to be seen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who would had guess that fox network could create such a monster out of thin air
ebrown p

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2009 11:24 pm
@BillRM,
Wow! The Democrat actually won (in a seat not held by the Democrats for over 100 years).

The Tea Party people are claiming strategic victory since they knocked out the Republican "party machine".

Let the conservative revolution continue.

0 Replies