Bolivia's President May Step Down...anti-US protests. BBC.

Sofia

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 04:20 pm
I was watching the BBC News, and was glad (I don't know why) that the US wasn't the lead. It was as follows...
1) Bolivia's President may step down--fighting in the streets.
2) US planes found with explosives. (Still haven't followed this up. What the heck..!?)
3) Germany's economy.

Listening to the first story explained, I was bummed to find out the US is tied closely to the current Bolivian problem. It seems the Bolivians (at least the ones with handguns) don't want the US to receive their gas products. They don't want to sell it to us. I don't know who they prefer to sell it to.

Anyhoo-- I know zilch about Bolivia--no background info, other than the President was very narrowly elected, and the loser is making political hay in the situation. Any in depth analysis from the international contingent BBC ...?

Plus-- What the heck about the planes...? I haven't watched other news. What happened?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 847 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:31 pm
Sofia, there is a thread about the Bolivian situation:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13625&highlight=
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:34 pm
Thanks! Very Happy I had looked around before posting this, but didn't see it. Confused
0 Replies