[split] Resizing Images

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:10 pm
is there a lesson plan somewhere on how to shrink pix from the net - i really don't want to keep that life-size pain au chocolat in the word association thread Embarrassed - but it's a reminder that i need to learn to post it smaller - any clues/lessons - links to a page with lessons? ta, very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,810 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:12 pm
ehBeth- Do you have some sort of photo program on your computer? If so, save the picture to that program, and resize.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WgCvBFAb0eEFQYPFy3ib*R0pj4GVmmlV6tl3tqDLS!9NQ5UEtBm4Q*kih961dbGIPgsdUll7L5!nE46b7n8Hazh5sq5mjDRq8ULY8CRpQ4sz0rCcyn4K40kl34XQ78f5j2u!ZQsqLoQ/pain-o-chocolate-2.jpg?dc=4675398406967808185

NOW I found the right thread! Surprised
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:33 pm
No photo program on the 'puter proper, that i know of. Perhaps i can somehow load it into the program that's part of the scanner and do it that way. I'll poke away at it. Thanks, Phoenix.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:44 pm
Beth, look under accessories in your start menu and see if you have a program called Paint.

[action] splitting the thread[/action]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:50 pm
I've got Paint, craven. It can't 'read' the pain au chocolat.
I figured out how to get the pix into the scanner program, but none of the functions make it smaller.
Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:57 pm
I just opened the image with paint so I don't know what is causing it to be unreadable for you.

I'm also fairly certain (scratch that, 100% certain) that your program has an option to resize.

Are you talking about file size (e.g. 6 KB) or dimentions (e.g. 80 by 80), or both?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:59 pm
ehBeth- I have Paint, but I have never used it. If you go to Paint, hit Image, then Attributes. I think that you can resize there, but I am not sure.

The problem is, I have all my pictures opened through another program. I'll see if I can play around, and figure it out!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:00 pm
If you right click on a file you can choose what program to open it with.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:01 pm
A plug for our Calender site - most amazing pictures!!
http://morganwood.home.mindspring.com

(plugged with permission)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:04 pm
Paint is telling me that it's not a valid bitmap file, grrrrrrr.
I thought i would try to reduce the file size, as i didn't want to change the proportions of the pain.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:10 pm
The pix that i can get into Paint, i can modify. It is still fussing over opening this one - it's actuallyquite funny - i can get the file up on my screen, but it won't go to Paint. so i can admire the pain au chocolat - and reflect on what a pain it is!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:10 pm
Husker,

I really don't mind you plugging your site but it's against the rules (the rules are so that people don't use programs to spam the site). Can you edit your post and say "plugged with permission"?

Beth,

Maybe it's an older version of paint that doesn't support jpegs.

Try this free online program. http://www.myimager.com/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:25 pm
Thanks, Craven - that looks like something i can use. Maybe Setanta can figure out if i've got some other editor on the puter that i'm not even aware of when he next visits.

In the meantime, myimager is saved to favourites.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:37 pm
Another free and surprisingly facile image editing program is Irfanview, available at www.irfanview.com
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:39 pm
irfanview is a download BTW. It's better in the long run but there are sites that let you edit the image online.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:43 pm
checkin' it out, timber! (are you still dressed in hunter orange?)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:58 pm
I'm ablaze in Orange, and Castle Timber is awash in the shade; the fellows are here for a bit of revelry before we make the half-mile treck to the tavern up by the paved road for the official "Opening Weekend" celebration. For some reason, Mrs Timber always chooses this time of year to visit her sister. I shall endeavor to clean up the house prior to her return tomorrow evening.

timber
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:15 pm
listening in here - I'm learning something!!! Keep up the work of trying to eddicate me!
0 Replies