The able2know Tea Room:: Now Open::

vonny

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 03:38 am
@ehBeth,
I hear a distinct rattling of silver, glass and china - things are certainly warming up. And the strains of music coming from the courtyard!
farmerman

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 04:43 am
@vonny,
well, good morning. Ill have my regular virtual cup of Lapsang, and something schlecky.
vonny

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 09:45 am
@farmerman,
I googled 'schlecky' (always having to google words I come across on A2K!) It says -
Quote:
1. schleck - A long distance -
It's a long schleck from - to -

2. schleck - Multifunctional curse word.

Can also mean kissing.

"Get the schleck out of my way!"

"Oh, go schleck yourself."

"What the schleck is that?"

"I've had a schlecky day."

"Ugh, look at them schlecking in the corner."

? Rolling Eyes Confused Laughing ?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 04:52 pm
@vonny,
haha.

FM do you want something long distance?

Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:34 pm
@vonny,
schleck is a sample of the argot of Pa Dutch . Its always been used , as far as Ive been in earshot, to mean something cloyingly sweet, like Pecan Pies or a particularly schlecky PA Dutch Baked good THe SHOO_FLY PIE.
vonny

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 03:28 am
@farmerman,
Good word, fm. Yet another one to add to my ever-growing list of new and interesting expressions picked up from A2K!

So schlecky; like this chocoflan dessert? Can I tempt you - looks rather delicious! With your virtual cup of Lapsang, of course.
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/570/cache/chocoflans-delossantos_57040_600x450.jpg
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 04:38 am
@vonny,
thank you but no. My schleck attack was two days ago . Im back home after a short trip and Im back to eating ore normally. I will have a lapsang but maybe just a few biscottis to crunch on.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 06:27 am
@farmerman,
My tea is steeping nicely. I picked it up at Timmy's on my way in. Tea and a double toasted maple cinnamon French Toast bagel. I don't think it's really a bagel, but it schmecks good.
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 07:38 am
@ehBeth,
Timmy's maple glazed -drooooool
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 9 May, 2013 09:11 am
@ehBeth,
Why do other people's orders always sound better than one's own? Mmmm ... fancy some of that double toasted maple cinnamon French toast bagel ... sounds delicious. With a cup of hot English tea for a change.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 05:55 am
@vonny,
Have a nice cup of tea and a mystery cookie on the house Vonny.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6128/6042165088_ff504ecf64_z.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/somehowlou/6042165088/lightbox/
ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 06:44 am
@tsarstepan,
I'm trying to get revved up for another 5 - 6 hours of dancing today. The theme today is 'dance to live music'. It's going to be brutal.

Could I pleeeeeeeease have a vat of green tea with honey and a blueberry English muffin with cheddar. Pleeeeeeeeeeease.
farmerman

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 06:48 am
@ehBeth,
They know the drill. Cuppa Lapsang and a cannoli
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 06:49 am
@ehBeth,
My day's ruined. I was supposed to go to the Geek Pride Parade in upstate NY but since I misunderstood the tickets process to the event, I am without ticket.

Muffins are still in the oven. Sorry. Confused
http://www.earthandteacafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tea-pot-wide.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 06:57 am
@tsarstepan,
Tickets to a parade?
It's an interesting new world out there.

Thank you for the tea. I need it desperately. My eyes are still bleary after yesterday's 6 hours of class (+ I got a sequin in my right eye and it is kinda red Confused )
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 07:09 am
@ehBeth,
It's more of a day long festival that has the unnecessary word of Parade.

I just found another meetup that's supposed to meet at the St. John the Divine Cathedral at noon. I have to wait for my membership to be approved by the meetup group coordinator (finger's crossed).

Ohhh. Is sequin eye contagious?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 07:18 am
@tsarstepan,
Good luck with the alternate meetup.

New York has so many things going on. It's the only city I've ever been in that's as culturally active as Toronto. Love that.

I suspect sequin eye is found in the friends and family of many dancers Laughing I've even found sequins in the dogs' fur over the years.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 May, 2013 07:20 am
@ehBeth,
mmmmm

thank you for the muffins

so delish

http://bakingbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/cinnengmuffins.JPG
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 04:44 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Have a nice cup of tea and a mystery cookie on the house Vonny.

Looks and sounds delicious, thanks tsarstepan. While I'm waiting, perhaps you could enlighten me as to what a Geek Pride March is? Sounds interesting! Anything like this -

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/528/cache/column-unbound-fourth-july_52874_600x450.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 07:20 am
@vonny,
I did in fact go to the Geek Pride Parade yesterday and had a BLAST! Very Happy

Still don't understand it's ambiguous event title. It wasn't a march or a parade but simply a geeky BBQ and chaotic festival of mingling games. Zombie tag was fun and exhausting.

Lots of food and cidar, beer, etc... (unlimited) was provided for $10. It turns out that when I posted that I couldn't get the ticket online, one of the cocordinators emailed me to just come in and as he arranged the ticket purchase on the fly. Very Happy

Met a lot of great people and hope to see them at a lot of events. Our trivia team had the great honor of being DEAD LAST! We're no. last! We're no. last! Surprised Very Happy