The able2know Tea Room:: Now Open::

ehBeth

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 07:58 am
@tsarstepan,
yay! I'm glad it turned into an awesome day for you.

I'm about to leave and search for tea on my way to Day Three of an Intermediate Belly Dance Boot Camp Intensive. 12 hours of dance behind my behind, today should be a lot lighter but I think my hands will be sore later as we'll be doing at least an hour of zill drills. Fun, right!

I'm envious that you're seeing Roberta again today. She must like you all, getting up at such an ungodly hour Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 07:59 am
@ehBeth,
http://www.nerdc.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/geek-pride-badge2-300x228.png

it's an international event!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sun 26 May, 2013 01:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
Sounds great fun - glad you had such a good time. No. last, eh? Wow - put that way it sounds rather an honour!!! Laughing
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 02:51 pm
Some very saucy tea facts you NEED to know!

Coffee drinkers and people with sensitive ears/souls should not listen.
vonny

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 09:18 am
@tsarstepan,
Glad to see the A2K Tea Room is still open for business. You ought to advertise more - what can you offer (apart from tea)? Music, an argument-free atmosphere, good food?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 10:44 am
@vonny,
I made two batches of iced tea this week, both for sentimental reasons: peach iced tea, which I ordinarily would never try, because I loved it one hot day in Rome after a lot of walking. It was just Lipton's stuff, already sugared in a cold can, bought from a food truck, or was it a "shack", in the Borghese Gardens. Also got some another day at some food truck across from the Circus Maximus. Now I make it myself on purpose on some hot summer days.

The second is Assam, which I consider a more serious tea, a tea Dys used to say was his favorite. Of course he eschewed anything as wretched as tea bags (my source), ordering the tea from some good online emporium. I did taste his good Assam and liked it. Haven't tried my baggy iced tea yet.
vonny

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 01:57 pm
@ossobuco,
Peach iced tea sounds delicious - how do you make it? Believe it or not, we are actually getting some fairly warm weather here at the moment - be the perfect time to try something long and cool!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Jun, 2013 04:48 pm
@vonny,
Easy peasy, I bought a package of Lipton's Peach Tea bags..

In lieu of that, I might add peach nectar (we have a brand here called Jumex that makes a whole bunch of different nectars in either cans or cartons... wonderful in my opinion. I usually dilute them anyway, since most fruit juice products have added sugar(s). Sometimes I dilute the nectars with water and ice, sometimes with pellegrino or gerolsteiner water (I like the minerals and natural bubbles in those), so why not regular tea?

And in lieu of that, maybe a fresh peach pureed?

Oh and I don't believe you. Today it's 104 here.
You know I read the San Francisco Chronicle, not my home town but home town to pals, and that paper today has an article about people complaining about the heat in the city... 80 degrees F. (My northern california town rarely got over 64 degrees F in summer - and I liked it there.)
vonny

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 07:22 am
@ossobuco,
We had something like 70 degrees here yesterday - that's pretty hot by UK standards! Not a lot of sunshine though - high cloud at best - so never quite the summer ideal.

I don't think I've ever seen Lipton's Peach Tea - must seek it out next time I go shopping. Or attempt to make some - thanks for the hints.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 07:34 am
@vonny,
I was later thinking, maybe stewed peaches as a way to collect flavor.
vonny

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 07:45 am
@ossobuco,
Haven't stewed any peaches for absolutely ages - mmm can just imagine the smell and taste - thanks for inspiring me to go out and get some when I next go shopping - must make out my shopping list now.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 08:06 am
@vonny,
Me either!
oolongteasup

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 04:13 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
stewed

rhubarb, she's apples
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 07:35 am
@oolongteasup,
I've not had rhubarb in my life..
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 12:25 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I've not had rhubarb in my life..

((weeps softly into his palms))
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 12:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
I suspect that when it might have been available when I lived back east as a kid that I would have hated it (picky kid- well, differently picky than I am now).
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 12:38 pm
@ossobuco,
Find yourself a bakery or cafe that sells strawberry rhubarb pie! Surprised

If done right? Sweet and tart! Yum!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 01:10 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh no - Osso, how awful!!! Rhubarb tart, rhubarb crumble, rhubarb jam - all totally delicious. One of the few things that were growing in our garden when we moved to this house several lifetimes ago. Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing You really must try some - it's gorgeous.
vonny

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 05:13 am
Hot outside today - going to settle down for the Wimbledon final soon - I'd love something cool and refreshing, perhaps an iced tea and some sort of sorbet or gelato? It's nice and quiet in here, such a restful place after all the hustle and bustle of other threads.

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/390/cache/capogiro-gelato_39004_600x450.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 12:30 pm
@vonny,
I'll be right over..