Sexiest Man?

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 09:11 am
I see from the cover of People magazine for Dec 2, 2002 that the "sexiest man alive" today is Ben Affleck. According to this magazine, "its what's simmering below the surface that really turns us into quivering jellyfish".

Do you quiver like a jellyfish when you see Ben Affleck?

Quivering protoplasm aside, who's the sexiest man alive, today, in your opinion?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 18,689 • Replies: 454
No top replies

Debacle

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 10:00 am
I don't make a habit of judging guys from this aspect. However, I'd suggest that Merry Andrew might warrant a long, hard look in this regard.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 10:33 am
Laughing

RingOFLMAO

Laughing

dill pickle is the one for me!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 03:26 pm
Now - the poll does not work for me, cos the humour and intellect are both really important. Now - does the possession of a really good sense of humour IMPLY intellect? I tend to think it does - because I think seeing and appreciating humour involves lots of associative functions.

Sooooooo - well, now that we have begun to look at the men from this site, how are we to turn away? - now, the first two men mentioned here meet my intellect/humour needs so who could go past them?

Buuuuuuuuuut - I must also put in a plug for many of the other men here - too numerous to mention ...................and, what of he in whose realm we disport ourselves - in whose meadows we frolic, in whose libraries we have earnest discussions?

And then, of course, there is always Andrew Denton!

(Inside comment for the Australians - teehee)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 03:37 pm
I would say that a man without a direct and appreciative gaze cannot be sexy.

And I freely admit that Setanta's description of a tooled leather codpiece on a recent topic added a certain je ne sais quoi to the moment. Imagination is a wonderful thing!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:28 pm
Ah yes, Piffka, Setanta's tooled leather codpiece was certainly an attention getter! Most of the men on able2know are pretty sexy. With all the humor and intelligence on display, the imagination is truly a wondrous and lively thing.
In the outside world, Yo Yo Ma does it for me. Sigh.
I also had a thing for Dudley Moore. Too bad he died before his time.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:38 pm
May I ask - this is really a question coming out of literature - what about the aspect of 'the heroic'?
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:06 pm
sexie man
Thank you Debacle,

Merry Andrew certainly has my vote.

lavadawn aka Mrs. Merry Andrew
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:15 pm
If a man is physically equivalent to a greek god but lacks the rest...its not fair at all!!! <giggle>
However, he could be sexy to admire.

Ben is handsome young gent but, quivver he does not do for me.

I think the question leaves out too much....sexy how, in what way? For a great looker, a great thinker, the great combination of all?

A man must be intelligent, humorous, honest and moral, along with a physical attraction for me to personally belive him to be sexy to me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:18 pm
Ben Affleck- Nice kid, but sexiest man alive???? He's a little long in the tooth, but Sean Connery can put his shoes under my bed anytime!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:22 pm
As my question drowns out mid-lake....perchance a kind voice might address the curious factor, common to a few ladies, of an attraction to the fellow in uniform.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:27 pm
No idea why but, yes blatham..affirmative...uniform..yowza
Actually upon considering it...a man in uniform is usually in top physical shape, shows very plainly a sence of duty/morality or effort of such, and is usually young/energetic...and you know..the older ones are nice as well, seasoned so..on adds in the intelligence factor.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:43 pm
What Quinn said--Yes.
Blatham, I loved you in your Mountie uniform. Why did you change?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:03 pm
Like Deb I found
Quote:
the poll does not work for me
and I could not vote. What if find sexy in a man is part but not all of the above. The only thing I am sure of is that looks are not part of what I find sexy except when I am just looking.

Blatham I missed seeing you as a Mountie Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:58 pm
Personality, sense of humor, intelligence, integrity, honesty, loyalty, not necessarily in that order, but a sense of humor is way up there on my list.

I don't think good looks make a person attractive without the personality to go along with it.

You could be a good-looking airhead, and how far would that go? Not very!

I would, however, give up all my wish list for a date with Robert Redford or Jack Nicholson:) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:59 pm
I agree Misti26 you do have to talk eventually.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 09:06 pm
I think, perhaps, the poll should be renamed the 'hunkiest' man alive. Seems most of us are defining sexy in terms of relationship and not in terms of animal-like stirring within based on nothing but instinct.

Virtually no movie star type will actually satisfy the criteria state here for sexy (and if they did, we probably wouldn't really know anyway cause we wouldn't have the opportunity to check it out). So therefore, it is my premise that People magazine is not using the correct term.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 09:12 pm
Oh my god, tell me Blatham that you aren't really a Mountie???

<I have died... I am expired. Have you ridden in the Musical Ride???? Please, please, please!!!!>

Yes uniforms are good. Riding boots are better, especially by someone who can actually ride. (Shrub eat your heart out!)

I am not fond of the fully well-groomed, though I adore a man in a tuxedo. I do like leather which might be a small part of the appeal of Setanta's aforementioned accessory.

DIANE -- Yo Yo Ma?!!? I thought this was cleared up once. He is mine, though I might share with you. I think he likes blondes!

Sean Connery? OK, he is awfully nice, and his voice is lovely. He used to be young and then he was a little too well-groomed. I like him better now.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 09:13 pm
You mean like when John Travolta walked down the street eating a slice of pizza in the opening scene of - that movie, I hate getting this old.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 09:26 pm
Yes. He was too well-groomed, and not in a good way. Not interesting at all... to me!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sexiest Man?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:36:49