Why is Yahoo mail so protective of spam?

Mon 28 Sep, 2009 09:13 pm
I click on a bunch of stuff from my mailbox and hit "delete" and it just deletes it.

I click on stuff from my spam folder and it says "Are you sure you want to delete these messages?" (or something like that).

Why does it ask me if I'm sure with spam and not with regular mail?

It just seems so strange!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,921 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed

View best answer, chosen by boomerang
OCCOM BILL
  Selected Answer

Mon 28 Sep, 2009 09:37 pm
@boomerang,
Deleting from your inbox merely moves them to the trash. Deleting spam can't be undone.
boomerang

Mon 28 Sep, 2009 09:41 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Not on my computer.

I just looked in "Trash" and there isn't anything there. I had just deleted some things prior to posting this thread. My trash box is empty and I delete stuff every day.
0 Replies

boomerang

Mon 28 Sep, 2009 09:43 pm
Okay..... I just tried it again and now there are a few things in my trash folder. I'll see how long they last in there though. It doesn't seem like long enough to recover anything should someone figure out that they made a mistake.

But still, you could be right. Maybe they stay in there for a tiny bit.
OCCOM BILL

Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:04 pm
@boomerang,
I'll anxiously await my Question Answered Prize!
(Rubs hands vigorously!)
roger

Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:30 pm
@boomerang,
You know the check box at the very top of the column of boxes? I once checked it by mistake, selected delete, and sent the entire page to Trash. I was able to recover every bit of it.
0 Replies

Gala

Wed 30 Sep, 2009 09:10 am
I think they give you the option to delete yes/no spam because sometimes real email gets delivered in the spam folder. I get emails from people I know delivered in spam often.

I've noticed how the spammers have begun to crack the yahoo spam filter. I used to get spam once in a while. Now, I get a lot more, like 15 a day.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Wed 30 Sep, 2009 09:14 am
@OCCOM BILL,
That's correct. Give that man a rosette!
0 Replies

boomerang

Wed 30 Sep, 2009 09:17 am
Yes indeed! O'Bill earns the coveted "select answer" ribbon of achievement!

Thank you.

I was giving it 24 hours to see if things disappeard from my trash folder and they are still there.
Robert Gentel

Wed 30 Sep, 2009 09:22 am
@boomerang,
Items in the trash folder are likely purged eventually. Google's mail does it after 30 days.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Sat 3 Oct, 2009 03:16 pm
@boomerang,
Score!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 3 Oct, 2009 04:56 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Does that come with a brand spanking new lovely set of steak knives and a year's supply of Rice O Roni™?
0 Replies