Why Did Roman Polanski Run Away?

spendius

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 06:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
If I was in the justice department I would deport the ****** to France in the dark and pocket the $4.5 million.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 01:40 am

Has he decamped for France, yet ?

David
Francis

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 01:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
He is not even yet out of jail...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 01:56 am
@Francis,

I heard that he 's supposed to get an Award
from the Swiss government, before he leaves Switzerland
Francis

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 02:06 am
@OmSigDAVID,
No reason for him not to get his award, which was his intent when in came to Zurich Festival in Switzerland.

The award was for his professional achievements and has nothing to do with a criminal offence from 32 years ago...

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 02:48 am

Yeah; possibly, thay might have given him the Award
while he was waiting in jail. He had plenty of time to receive it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 03:13 am
@Francis,
The award was for his professional achievements and has nothing to do with a criminal offence from 32 years ago...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes he had led the good life after raping a 13 year old girl and I for one do not care if he manage to avoid being mildly punish for it for 32 years or not.

What does in fact the time he was able to avoid his punishment had to do with how serious and morally wrong his deed happen to be?
Francis

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 03:27 am
@BillRM,
Your moral condemnation, or David's, will not affect the outcome from the trial Polanski is going to face, I sincerely hope.

The thing is, the public opprobrium and the media show, should not prevent his having a fair trial.

This is my only concern.

I'd like to see the law enforced in his case, ipso facto, not the vox populi..

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 03:30 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

If I was in the justice department I would deport the ****** to France in the dark and pocket the $4.5 million.

Well, fortunately, Switzerland is a democratic country, with a strict separation of powers.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 04:25 am
@Francis,
Your moral condemnation, or David's, will not affect the outcome from the trial Polanski is going to face, I sincerely hope.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm if he get a jury trial his rear end is in serous trouble as even a great movie director no longer get a free pass for raping a child.

He is a fool for not taking the slap on the wrist all those years ago.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 09:06 am
As I stated at the beginning, I am content to let the law handle this, whatever the outcome.
Francis

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 09:48 am
@edgarblythe,
Wise stance, Edgar..
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 09:54 am

like we have a choice
Francis

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 09:59 am
@OmSigDAVID,
We have no choice but it doesn't prevent people from uttering the utmost absurdities...
BillRM

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 11:09 am
@Francis,
We have no choice but it doesn't prevent people from uttering the utmost absurdities...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like raping a child and then running away from a slap on the wrist for doing so is not a wish thing to do?

Or that if at all possible we should lock him up and then throw the key away?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 11:37 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like raping a child and then running away from a slap on the wrist for doing so is not a wish thing to do?
I read that the trial judge had been bragging at his country club
of intentions to betray the deal n sentence him to long-term incarceration;
i.e., the better part of prudence was for defendant to absent himself,
leading to a happier n more prosperous life since then.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 11:47 am
@BillRM,
What was I saying already about absurdities?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 12:03 pm
@Francis,
As some famous person (Camus) already said: »'L'absurdité est surtout le divorce de l'homme et du monde.«
Francis

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 12:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
L'homme est étranger au monde, donc.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2009 12:18 pm
@Francis,
And that all started since Galia erat omnis divisa in partes tres. Wink