which conception date is right.

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 06:46 am
im currently 24 weeks and 4 days pregnant. i took a home pregnancy test on april 24, went to the ob on june 2, where they did a vaginal ultrasound. the doctor said i was 9 weeks and 1 day with the crown to rump length 2.27 cm. i do not remember my exact lmp. i had intercourse one time with an ex on march 16 and then began having intercourse with my current boyfriend march 23. at my first appt, the doctor said i probably conceived in april. my due date is january 2, 2010. what is the most probable conception date for my baby. im worrid about the issue, and hope that i did not conceive with my ex. please help shut down my nerves on this issue. thank you ....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,489 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 10:41 am
@mommy2be,
Your doctor (who probably knows more than any of us) seems to be saying March 30, if I've got the math right. Which would mean your current boyfriend is the father. This is assuming that the measurements are correct and you're not carrying a much larger/smaller fetus than the norm.

BUT - you will not know for certain unless you get a paternity test, which I believe you can only get after birth. If you wish to carry this baby to term, you need to be emotionally ready (as does your boyfriend) for the possibility that testing will prove that the child is not his. Does your ex know that you are pregnant, and that it might be his child? He needs to know as well for, if he is the father, he has financial obligations and parental rights in the matter.

I wish I could ease your mind.
0 Replies