[resolved]Gallery Help

Ceili

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 11:26 pm
Hi, I'm having trouble loading a picture into the gallery. It asks me to check if my server allows uploads. I know it does, because I've loaded pictures on the Realm and LittleK's sites. So how come it won't work now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ceili.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 891 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:03 am
Haven't used the gallery here, but wouldn't be surprised if you could load directly from littlek's or the realm. Yummie picture, by the way.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:06 am
It's not possible to help without any information. Please avoid vague things like "it" and tell us exactly what program gave exactly what message.

Please tell us what type of image it was (gif? jpeg?).

Otherwise I am in the dark and can give no meaningful answeer.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:11 am
bookmark
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:28 am
I'm trying to load a jpeg from my documents on my home computer to the member gallery page. This is the message I'm getting after attempting to load the image.

No picture was uploaded !
If you have really selected a picture to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

As I stated above, I have loaded images to the realm site and littlek's site with no problems. So I'm confused as to what I'm doing wrong.
thanks, ceili
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:57 am
Well, the picture started to upload. So you did in fact select and start to upload a picture. It seems like a big one. Did you press reload or anything to get that message? This gallery doesn't show the progress of the upload so some users think nothing is happening and do something that interrupts the upload.

You might try to use a smaller version of the image as you may be running into the file size limit.

Try saving that same image from the Realm and uploading it as the Realm album resizes it.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 01:17 am
Thanks, Craven. I didn't realize the jpeg file was sooo big. I really appreciate your help,
Ta, Ceili
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 09:34 am
Well your picture is there so it looks like it worked. I'll mark this one resolved.
0 Replies