EcoWater 3000 - Repair or Replace - A DIYer Perspective.

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:22 pm
I have had an EcoWater 3000 system for a little over 10 years.... About a year after purchase the Dealer left the area (never mind the 5 years of Soap?!?) About year 4, the Salt bin began filling with water. I finally found a Dealer 60 miles away. He would not come repair it (too far) but per his recommendation I ordered the valve repair kit ($300) and did the work myself. I learned alot about softeners then. After that it worked fine for about another 4 years, but now the regen process does not seem to work through the tank as the Salt is still there 2 years later. Not a Salt Bridge, just salt all the way to the brine level in the tank. Since I cannot find replacement parts for it online, I can bite the bullet and call some long distance EcoWater Dealer to spend another $300 that might last another 4 years (talk about a warranty), replace the whole valve and head with a Fleck Valve, or replace the entire system?

Here are my specifics...

I have a 2400 Sq foot home with 2 adults and 2 small children. I have City Water that is very hard.... TDS is around 438 mg/L and Hardness is at 348 mg/L or 20 Grains per Gallon. The City will reimburse me $200 for a Demand based regen Softener.

My Goal

I am not scared of Plumbing, Electrical or even construction if needed, however, I am scared of High Prices and getting Scammed (which is how I feel right now with EcoWater). I need softer water as I am beginning to replace appliances because of it. What are other people happy with?

Please Help!!! Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,853 • Replies: 0
No top replies