My Rainsoft system is regenerating every night

upitt89

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 05:49 am
I have had this system for 15 years. It has been a wonderful unit and has worked great, but lately it is running the regeneration process every night.

There is plenty of salt in the tank, and I double checked all the settings. It shouldn't run until we've gone through 1000 gallons of water. There is no way that my family of four is using 1000 gallons per day!

Can someone help me out here? What do I need to do and/or look at?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 986 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 01:01 pm
@upitt89,
I'm making an assumption that at 15 years old, this is a q2 brass valve(red, white, blue and yellow buttons)?
Is this a well or "city" water? if it's city water, I'd look at the water meter and see if the needle is moving when nobody is running water. You could have something using water all the time, like a stuck toilet valve. If it's a well, your pump will keep kicking on and off all the time. Just to make sure it's not the system,bypass it and see if water is still running.
Are the leds on the bottom blinking? then you need a new battery. If not, then I'd remove the battery and unplug the unit for a couple of minutes. Put the battery back in, plug the unit in and reset all the settings. Hope this helps, Joe
0 Replies

RainSoft

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:49 am
@upitt89,
Hi! This is Mark Vance. I'm the Chief Marketing Officer for Aquion Water Treatment Products - the parent company of RainSoft. I think one of our technical support reps could help. If you'd care to email us with your contact information, they'll give you a call or email you back with their thoughts. Our direct email address is comments @ rainsoft.com (remove the spaces). We check that email account ALL the time so we'll get back to you right away!

Thanks!

Mark Vance
0 Replies