Rain Soft Amazon System

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 03:25 pm
Hello H2O Guy,
I have the Amazon system with a mechanical interface. The system has not regenerated for some time and there is very little water in the bottom of the brine tank. The owners manual directs you to "Manually regenerate turn the circuit timer two clicks CW". The manual describes the process as lasting 4 to 7 minutes. I hung out and watched but the circuit timer never turned on its own. I then manually turn it through each step. When it got to the brine rinse there was only enough brine water to to fill about 10 seconds before I hit the soak phase. Nowhere in this process did the brine tank get any water back into it. Any idea what the problem is and is there a service manual available for this product?

Thank You Much,
Jeff
[email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,307 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 05:20 pm
@jjmichell,
is it keeping time? doe's it click when you turn the black knob? it puts water back into the brine tank on the "salt" part of the cycle. it doesn't fill on brine, it draws the water from the brine tank. is the ball at the top of the triguard all the time? did you remove the triguard? there is a poppet valve between the triguard and the brass elbow that might not be sealing properly. When you turn it through each step, do you allow the drive motor to stop(cams stop turning) before turning it to the next step? how old is the system? 120 volt or 24 ? do the cams move , and water flow when you advance through
the steps?
I don't understand this statement: "When it got to the brine rinse there was only enough brine water to to fill about 10 seconds before I hit the soak phase"

0 Replies