Anyone have a good swedish meatball recipe?

oolongteasup

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 12:44 am
@saab,
what would a swedish meatball recipe be without dolph lundgren
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 01:00 am
@saab,
She was responding to this sentence in your post:

Quote:
Don´t forget they have to be served with Lingonsylt or if you can´t get it cranberries. Otherwise it is not really meatballs.

I believe you were implying that without the Ligonberries, they weren't Swedish meatballs, but you left out the word Swedish. She was correcting it. They are still meatballs, just not the "official" Swedish style if there is no Ligonberry accompanyment.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 10:48 pm
Daring idea. I have to taste it to believe it. Meatballs stuffed with ligonberries? What will the Swedes think of next?! Razz
ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 10:51 pm
Nice blog - I'm saving the link. The recipe looks good, and I like the thoroughness of the blogger.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 11:59 pm
Had the best meatballs I've ever eaten at a party a month or so ago. Not Swedish, but they totally blew me away.

Lindsay's meatball sauce
(This makes a LOT of sauce--she used a six-pound bag of meatballs from BJs or Costco, one of those places, and there are many many many meatballs in that bag but she says you can easily scale it down).

1 lb box light brown sugar
1 really large can of cling peach slices in syrup
1 2-lb bottle of ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder

mix all ingredients together and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes till sugar has dissolved.

If it's possible to have a moment of epiphany when eating meatballs, I did.

0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 03:13 am
@tsarstepan,
You don´t stuff the meatballs with lingonberries. The berries are served with not in the meatballs.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 03:20 am
you need bulla to have after meatballs.
0 Replies