What should a Rainsoft Silver timer control look like?

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 04:20 pm
I had a problem with my Rainsoft Silver system where the salt I was using caked onto the bottom of the brine tank and prevented the thing from flushing properly. I cleaned the brine tank out completely and put in new salt BLOCKS.

I checked the tank today and the brine tank was full of water. I put the system in manual regeneration mode and ensured that the brine tank was both putting water into the tank and sucking water from the tank. I checked the instruction manual to see if maybe my settings were wrong but they all seem right except for maybe the "backwash indicator dial." That is what the thing looksl ike in the instruction manual at least.

The problem is that the dial on my timer control is in the "backwash" section of the dial and not over the rinse portion of the dial. Is that right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,039 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2009 08:30 pm
@jedonlan,
The problem is that the dial on my timer control is in the "backwash" section of the dial and not over the rinse portion of the dial. Is that right

I wish I could help you, but I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Are you talking about a dial? a pointer? where it relates to it's position? what?

Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:52 am
@Joethewaterguy,
do a search for rainsoft manual, click on the silver series and there are pictures of what it looks like.
jedonlan

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:05 pm
@Joethewaterguy,
http://www.rainsoftnefl.com/SilverSeries.pdf

In that PDF on page 6 there is a picture of the dial in question. On the bottom of page 5 it shows the dial with a part labeled "backwash indicator lever." This part, on my system, appears to be over the backwash section of the dial. What I mean by that is the dial appears to be divided into two sections, one for backwash, one for rinse. In the picture, this part appears to be over the rinse section.
Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 02:55 pm
@jedonlan,
now I have it figured out. The pdf that you looked at is for a filter system not a conditioner. Down load the one for the conditioner. It only has 5 pages. for some reason that company does'nt list the silver series conditioner pdf. Try one of the other dealers. I think your's is correct and this manual has you confused.
0 Replies