living is negating

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 01:52 pm
There seems to be a problem that arises for some people, with the issue of living life and reflecting upon it, and that seems to be that when we are in the process of living life, we invariably cease to be conscious of the issues of life, be those issues philosophical or whatever. there is something uncomfortable in tackling deep issues of meaning and existence, only then to go for a jog or watch TV, as if these issues no longer affected our lives.

In this an uncomfortable situation arises, in that we live life only by temporarily ignoring the issues which if we did not, would paralyse us into reflection.

Living life is only possible by negating the problems, not by solving them. It is this decision to wilfully turn away from contemplative matters that some people cannot do.

Most people live in a subterfuge world, but only in order to live at all.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 571 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 02:05 pm
@existential potential,
I am not clear on which issues precicely you are referring to. Perhaps it varies from person to person. For myself I have a general rule that helps be navigate sometimes: If my examination of the phenomenon of existence comes into conflict with the process of existing itself, then I am doing something wrong.

In other words, if my philosophic endeavors gives me a mindset that makes daily life harder I am being counterproductive, wasting effort and energy on something that doesn't benefit me. It's the same the other way around.
0 Replies