How to be more emo (IF thats possible)

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:24 am
mkay, im like 13 now, and i wanna be a slight more emo, whilst staying true to myself, i have big, bad hair, i think it needs [more] volume, my clothes are pretty much there (i wear whatever, while incorporating dark and neon colors), and i sometimes wear eyeliner and mascara (only when i FEEL like it), but still, there's something about me that doesnt read EMO, i know that it's about being yourself, and being whatever your definition of emo is, but i wanna read EMO without reading POSER.
oh, and i know the real definition of emo (i only do the homework i want to Very Happy) emo = emotive hardcore, so im pretty much an advanced emo student (hehe, i feel slow all of a sudden) PLZ help me guys
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,351 • Replies: 15
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:49 am
@JustLeSha,
I once had some emos. They were all like fast and fuzzy. They had some neat hairdos and would preen each other all day if they could. They didnt get much done as they were too busy standing in different positions and admiring each other.
Here is a picture of SPENCER, the head emo, he was a lazy thing and we ate him    http://www.hickerphoto.com/data/media/40/emu_16633.jpg
Gargamel

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:50 am
Just keep downloading shitty music you'll hate in five years, when you have a more rational grasp of human emotion and a distaste for hyper-sentimentality.
djjd62

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 09:01 am
follow these suggestions from The Magnetic Fields song "I Don't Want To Get Over You"

"I could make a career of being blue
I could dress in black and read Camus,
smoke clove cigarettes and drink vermouth
like I was 17
that would be a scream
but I don't want to get over you."
0 Replies

JustLeSha

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 10:29 am
@farmerman,
dude, hehe, i said EMO, not EMU! although that did remind me of the time that my cousin and some dude kept calling this annoying neighborhood kid emu although they were trying to be funny and call him emo cause of how he dressed, hehe, classic stuff
JustLeSha

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 10:32 am
@Gargamel,
shitty? not all of it...and the problem is finding good emo bands, cause its not mainstream music. and sometimes i download songs that i hate the next day...oh, and what do you mean by when i have a more rational grasp of human emotion? and a distaste for hyper-sentimentality? is that even possible? i mean, explain that
Ragman

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 11:18 am
@JustLeSha,
justlesha: Haven't you listed in the beginning of this thread that you're like 13 yrs of age and only in middle school (in profile)?
JustLeSha

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 11:54 am
@Ragman,
yes...so i kinda cant get peircings...why did ya wanna know?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 01:04 pm
@JustLeSha,
Im sorry, I get confused about the difference. Isnt an emu just another name for someone emo? becasue dont you primp and do your hair in weird blue blck locks?
I need a quick course in what means emo.
JustLeSha

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 01:06 pm
@farmerman,
ok, see emo is a lotta things, to find out wht it really is, go to emotivehardcore.com to get a quick lesson
roger

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 01:10 pm
@JustLeSha,
Keep your sense of humor, but don't let anybody know about it.
JustLeSha

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 01:25 pm
@roger,
dont worry, i have a sense of humor, it may be mean at times, yet its really something...but its not always silly
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 01:25 pm
@roger,
yeh, dont drive like Roger.
JustLeSha

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 02:03 pm
@farmerman,
hehe, it cant be THAT bad
still, i dont see how all of this will help me be more emo
please explain YOUR definition of emo first
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 11:52 am
Emo is unoriginal. I just want to be ME! Smile
JustLeSha

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 12:47 pm
@mm25075,
hehe, thats pretty cute...im trying to be emo whilst staying myself, its actually not that difficult, yet it often earns me the title "poser" while im pretty sure that a poser doesnt know as much about the history of the term emo
0 Replies