Can you put emo/scene hair in a ponytail? ...And how?

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 10:12 am
Okay, so next week I'm getting my hair cut. And I've chosen a emo/scene hairstyle, but then I remembered. For the past few weeks(over a fortnight,) I've been stopped from doing sports, but when I come back , obviously I'm going to start again. I mean, a bruised big toes not going to be there forever! And also, in September I'm going to a new school (last school, because where I'm from we go to three different schools) and they have a strict policy with hair and sports. Past the shoulders, must have your hair up. Also, I'm hopefully getting the short layers and bangs, it's also going to be a long haircut. THANKS~!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,673 • Replies: 16
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 01:33 pm
@JustBeYourSelf,
I've got fairly short hair, and I end up putting it into two pigtails usually. How short is short?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 01:34 pm
@JustBeYourSelf,
Seems pretty clear to me. If five months from now when you are at the new school, if you have hair length past your shoulders, it will have to be tied back with a clip, elastic or ribbon.

The solution is to keep your hair length short enough to not meet that requirement. Alternatively, let it grow out over the next five months and put the longer length into a pony tail.
Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 01:46 pm
So, the irony of calling yourself "justbeyourself" while attempting to get a hair style which is compatible with an "emo/scene" didn't strike you, huh?
JustBeYourSelf

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 01:56 pm
@Setanta,
But I'm emo...
JustBeYourSelf

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 01:57 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks Smile I appreciate your help.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 02:05 pm
@JustBeYourSelf,
JustBeYourSelf wrote:

But I'm emo...

Ya gotta admit Set, she's got you there.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 02:21 pm
@chai2,
My thought as well. We're made up of details and hair is one of the details.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:53 am
@chai2,
What she's got is an admission that although she may have chosen a smaller herd, she's a herd animal--not a unique individual. Hence, the irony of her screen name . . .
JustBeYourSelf

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:29 am
@Setanta,
But I'm telling everybody to be themselves, not to change themselves to be in the crowd. I show happened to be emo, and want to show I'm not afraid to show it... Did that make sense?
Setanta

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:40 am
@JustBeYourSelf,
No, it didn't. You've chosen to be emo, which means you're changing yourself in order to be in that crowd.
JustBeYourSelf

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 05:36 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, but I'm choosing this myself, no-one in my school are emo. And this is my own choice, not yours.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 06:36 am
@JustBeYourSelf,
Ignore him. Its not where we go, its where we choose to go.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 10:30 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No, it didn't. You've chosen to be emo, which means you're changing yourself in order to be in that crowd.

I don't know about that.

Some people might just be naturally emo (or something else), and the crowd is catching up to them.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 11:48 am
She wants to get an "emo" hair style. That hardly qualifies as the crowd catching up to her.
chai2

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 01:15 pm
@Setanta,
Depends on the crowd.
JustBeYourSelf

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 02:11 pm
@chai2,
Thanks for helping. Smile
0 Replies