Am I eligible for PR.?

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:21 pm
My husband is staying in Australia as a student and I am here on his dependent pass and he is eligible for applying for pr with the points required. If I also need to apply PR at the same time with my husband then do I need any minimum qualification and ILTES course or I need to do any other course there. Actually I am just SLC graduate from Nepal and got some working experiences.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,073 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:23 pm
@kabin shrestha,
What is PR? what is Iltes? and so on?

This is an international forum. It's possible someone here may answer you with knowledge of what you are talking about, but for the rest of us, it is a whirl of acronyms - which we are unlikely to help you google as sets of letters.

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:25 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

What is PR?

permenant residency. a kind of Visa.

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:28 pm
@kabin shrestha,
kabin shrestha wrote:

My husband is staying in Australia as a student and I am here on his dependent pass and he is eligible for applying for pr with the points required. If I also need to apply PR at the same time with my husband then do I need any minimum qualification and ILTES course or I need to do any other course there. Actually I am just SLC graduate from Nepal and got some working experiences.

start here
http://www.australian-emigration.com/dependent-family-spouse-visa.asp

Dependent Family and Spouse Visas
The Australia Immigration program allows relatives of Australian Citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their spouse or family members into Australia. Read about the criteria for this Australian migration category here.

Relatives of Australian citizens or (eligible) permanent residents do not have an automatic right to residence in Australia.

This includes:

* a spouse, a fiancee, a defacto spouse and a dependent same-sex partner
* a child, a parent, a remaining relative or a carer

You must apply for the relevant visa, and be sponsored by the person who is a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.

Most Family Visas also require an Assurance of Support from an Australian permanent resident or citizen - meaning that the assurer must:

* Lodge a bond with The Commonwealth Bank of Australia
* Pay a Migration Health Services Charge
* Undertake to provide sufficient direct or indirect financial assistance
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:28 pm
@dadpad,
'K.

I suppose we of the US do this all the time, thinking people understand acronyms from our circumscribed place.
dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:32 pm

IELTS is the world’s proven English test. Over 1.2 million candidates take the test each year to start their journeys into international education and employment.

IELTS is recognised by more than 6000 institutions across 120 countries.

You can rely on IELTS - the test that sets the standard.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:34 pm
@ossobuco,
not all the time but, yes. sometimes.
Particularily with the names of states.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:46 pm
@dadpad,
I was awash with tests re immunology, some long time ago, re acronyms - I can only imagine how much the world of data has grown. I think of acronyms as locals, sometimes grown to international.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:58 pm
welcome and good luck with your permanent residency application

have a chat with the immigration dept

and deny you are working here unless you are allowed to
0 Replies