What is your most favorite travel activity?

ehoh

Sat 6 Jun, 2009 03:18 am
some people like hiking, other cycling or kayaking...and what is your most favorite activity?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 27 • Views: 7,649 • Replies: 32
Topic Closed
No top replies

dagmaraka

Sat 6 Jun, 2009 03:19 am
walking about a new city for the first time, discovering cafes and parks.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sat 6 Jun, 2009 08:42 pm
Returning home!
ossobuco

Sat 6 Jun, 2009 08:43 pm
@Foofie,
eating gelato
0 Replies

mm25075

Sat 6 Jun, 2009 11:43 pm
Something to be said for traveling to a new place and finding a good surface where one can roller skate. Sadly skates are heavy to take on long trips and not widely accepted in many tourist locales, yet there is such a feeling of freedom I get from the scenery and the freeddom and speed I can achieve on good pavement.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Sun 7 Jun, 2009 12:50 am
What Dag said. The walking part, especially, is important.
aidan

Sun 7 Jun, 2009 01:24 am
@Merry Andrew,
The very first thing I do if it's a vacation near any sort of beach - even at the north sea- is drop my bags and go down to the water. If it's warm I'll take time to change into a bathing suit - if it's cold and rainy- no matter- I put on a raincoat and make a beeline straight for the sea.
If I'm near the water - I'll swim every day. I guess I have to say that's my very favorite travel activity - submerging in a warm ocean and just floating looking at the sky.

A lot of it depends on who you're with. Sometimes it's fun just to hang out and be lazy.
If the point is to explore and soak up the culture, I'll spend part of every day doing that - but I don't like those rush, rush, rush, see this and see that sort of holidays. I really love the ones where the place you're staying is full of people and atmosphere that are just as interesting as the touristy sights to see. I like eating lunch out - but cooking in at dinner- so I love holidays where you have a cottage or house you can cook in and maybe a local pub or bar to walk down to in the evening for a drink.
0 Replies

dlowan

Sun 7 Jun, 2009 03:44 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

What Dag said. The walking part, especially, is important.

And hanging...in cafes, preferably on or near the street.....
ossobuco

Sun 7 Jun, 2009 03:48 pm
@dlowan,
Hanging in cafes is primo. Well, cafes and walking, cafes and walking, cafes and walking. I do like museums, and such, but not all the time every day. I like the streets better.
ossobuco

Sun 7 Jun, 2009 03:55 pm
@ossobuco,
I do love the ocean. Lived by the Pacific for decades.. and I miss it. rather badly. But - most of my travel hasn't involved being by the ocean. I like land in general, and am something of a city addict.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 7 Jun, 2009 04:27 pm
I like countrysides. Very few cities get me excited , but put me out in a wilderness setting or a deep ocean, Im there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 7 Jun, 2009 04:47 pm
Nothing against anyone else, but I think it would be terrific to explore a new city with Dag.
0 Replies

George

Mon 8 Jun, 2009 02:16 pm
I'm an early riser, but the rest of the family likes to sleep in.

So when I'm traveling I like to get up early, put on my jogging gear and hit
the streets, or roads, or trails or whatever. Just last month I had the pleasure
of jogging along Mission Beach and also through Balboa Park in San Diego.
0 Replies

HealthAngel

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 09:39 am
definitely checking out the local beaches, lakes, rivers, etc. I usually travel along the coast and I love going to the beach...it's really relaxing.
George

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 09:43 am
@HealthAngel,
Strictly a beach person, HealthAngel?
I like canoeing or kayaking if I'm near navigable water and there are rentals available.
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Wed 19 Aug, 2009 12:58 am
@ehoh,
i like to wait
0 Replies

siya287

Mon 14 May, 2012 10:12 am
@ehoh,
I like paragliding.
0 Replies

Jeff Lee

Fri 26 Apr, 2013 12:49 am
@ehoh,
Hello Friends,

Adventure travel is hugely populate in Indian and there are so many different options to choose from. These include hiking and treaking, mountaineering, snow skiing, para gliding and para sailing, white water rafting, water sports, scuba diving, fishing, go-karting, and camel safaris.

Thanks and Regards,
Jeff Lee
0 Replies

jdenny

Thu 9 May, 2013 03:37 am
@ehoh,
According to me I enjoy the whole trip and mostly I like to do shopping, eating and photography during traveling each time. Shopping and photography can make our travel trip memorable.
pataria

Tue 14 May, 2013 06:00 am
@ehoh,
Discovering places, taste new food items.
0 Replies