Pregnant and don't know what to do?

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 09:35 am
I am 16. I have been pregnant once before and my parents were trying to force me to have an abortion when I miscarried. They were rather violent about the whole thing. They said if this happened again, I would be out of the house.
Now I think I might be pregnant again. (Please no lectures.) I should be able to find out in a few days. I don't know what to do because I am too scared to tell my parents because I am afraid my stepdad will physically harm me. And if I just leave, I don't know what legal implications would go with that. I have places I could go, at least for a time anyways. It's also a possibility that I could move in with my boyfriend and his parents.
I don't want to get any outside help unless completely neccessary. My main fear is that my parents will hurt me or make me miscarry.
What should I do?
Also, abortion is NOT an option.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,023 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 11:42 am
@lexxus362,
How about doing the mature, responsible thing and allow for the baby to be adopted by a couple who can afford to take care of it, will love it as their own and hopefully offer it a stable home life? It doesn't have to be a sealed adoption, you can still be a part of the child's life, just not the primary parent and caretaker. Think about the welfare of the child and not your own selfish desires.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 11:46 am
@lexxus362,
Do you have other family you could stay with?
mm25075

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 12:53 pm
@Rockhead,
If your parents hurt you...call the cops. If you know for sure your stepfather is going to go ballistic, try to have a one on one conversation with your mother first. Also try to have someone else in attendance when you break the news, a neutral person or someone they have great respect for would be best as then they will hopefully not react violently

You may want to contact a local planned parenthood organization. They can help you weigh your choices. They might also be able to provide information on services which are available to you for a place to stay until the baby is born.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:47 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch hit it on the head. There are a lot of families who would welcome your child, pay for your pre-natal and delivery expenses and allow you to be a part of the child's life if you wished. They desperately long for what you are in position to provide.

You asked for no sermons and this is not one, but there are ways to prevent pregnancy and ways to be intimate without risk of pregnancy. It's in you interest to become better informed in these areas.
0 Replies