u done good...now let's move on to the next question:

Why do you think she MAY be a bigot?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 11:25 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

u done good...now let's move on to the next question:

Why do you think she MAY be a bigot?

When it comes to the constitution, she thinks a Latina woman who hasn’t lived the life of our founding
fathers can reach a better conclusion than the wise and experienced white men that wrote the constitution.

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 11:31 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

When it comes to the constitution, she thinks a Latina woman who hasn’t lived the life of our founding
fathers can reach a better conclusion than the wise and experienced white men that wrote the constitution.

To be fair, white men have had about 230 years to **** up this country. It's time to give somebody else a chance.
panzade

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 11:38 am
@H2O MAN,
now waterman, you know when you say something like that....you gotta back it up with some kinda quote or something..."she thinks"...what makes you interpret it the way you're doing?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 11:47 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

To be fair, white men have had about 230 years to **** up this country. It's time to give somebody else a chance.

I'm cool with that as long as they stick to the constitution.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 11:48 am
@panzade,

You need to check out some of her quotes... you will find what I'm talking about.
panzade

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 11:56 am
@H2O MAN,
I don't need to check out her quotes...I need to have you explain how her quotes prove she is a bigot....that's what we're talking about here
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 12:11 pm
@panzade,

I've done that.

But only you can prove or disprove it for yourself.
panzade

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:09 pm
@H2O MAN,
you mean this one?

H2O -Sotomayor: "the right to possess a gun is clearly not a fundamental right."
is this the quote that proves she's a bigot?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:20 pm
@panzade,

If it works for you, it works for me.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:26 pm
Ok, so I'm reading this article on Sotomayor and racism, you guys should read it, it's right up your liberal alley, and I come across this:

Quote:
Ms. Sotomayor’s nomination is a big deal because never before in the history of the United States has any president nominated a Latina to the highest court. Only two blacks have ever been on the court, and the one selected by a Republican has been like a thumb in the eye to most African-Americans.

Now, why would the author, spouting on about how being Latino has nothing to do with being a judge, make this statement that a black judge has been "like a thumb in the eye to most African-Americans"? Is he not doing enough for the black community or something? Are there expectations for a judge on the Supreme Court to do something special for people of his his/her race?

What will the Hispanic communities expectations for Sotomayor be? I wonder is she, too, will be a "like a thumb in the eye to most African-Americans"?
panzade

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
awww come on dude....don't get all coy on me.
I'm not trying to trip you up or change your gut feelings...I guess I'm trying to get you to shake off that intellectual laziness you're showing me. You're a smart guy, can we agree at least on a definition of bigot?...

a person who is intolerant regarding religion, politics and race?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 02:40 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

awww come on dude....

http://20.media.tumblr.com/bVp0LoTz0jjvwpxdO4mOLbSlo1_500.jpg

The DUDE ABIDES

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dude.bmp
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:40 am

McGentrix wrote:

Now, why would the author, spouting on about how being Latino has nothing to do with being a judge, make this statement that a black judge has been "like a thumb in the eye to most African-Americans"? Is he not doing enough for the black community or something? Are there expectations for a judge on the Supreme Court to do something special for people of his his/her race.

Yes, of course. Judge Thomas, despite a childhood background which makes Judge Sotomayor's look positively luxurious, and an education( from Yale Law School, like Sotomayor) was branded a "race traitor" because he came to the conclusion that affirmative action was fundamentally unconstitutional.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 02:45 am
@genoves,
genoves wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Now, why would the author, spouting on about how being Latino has nothing to do with being a judge, make this statement that a black judge has been "like a thumb in the eye to most African-Americans"? Is he not doing enough for the black community or something? Are there expectations for a judge on the Supreme Court to do something special for people of his his/her race.

Quote:

Yes, of course. Judge Thomas, despite a childhood background which makes Judge Sotomayor's look positively luxurious, and an education( from Yale Law School, like Sotomayor) was branded a "race traitor" because he came to the conclusion that affirmative action was fundamentally unconstitutional.

The left demands and expects
that he had lied in his oath of office
and that his oath to support the Constitution
shoud apply only when not in conflict
with his loyalty to the groups that the leftists support.

David
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 04:24 pm

I wonder if she has paid her taxes???

Records, Writings Reveal Sotomayor's Background, Shape Confirmation Debate

Documents show Supreme Court nominee owes more than $400,000, may be living paycheck to paycheck
roger

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 04:37 pm
@McGentrix,
Good observation.
0 Replies