McGentrix

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 11:03 am
Any objections to yet another Catholic on the court?
dyslexia

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 11:06 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

just me.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 11:16 am

A USSC justice shoud just be a good ANALYST of the Constitution
and of statutes proceeding therefrom. She shoud filter out her own feelings
from her analysis. Being appointed to the Court is not a license
to do whatever u want with the nation, or with the rights of its citizens.

David
dyslexia

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 11:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
I'm curious David, where in the constitution is the word "citizen"?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 11:59 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
I'm curious David, where in the constitution is the word "citizen"?

Article I Sections 2 and 3
Article 2 Section 1
Article 3 Section 2
Article 4 Section 2
11th Amendment
14th Amendment Sections 1 and 2
15th Amendment Section 1
19th Amendment
24th Amendment Section 1
and
26th Amendment Section 1.

Please provide address to which I can forward my bill
for professional services rendered, @ $4OO.OO per hour or any fraction thereof.

Thank u. Please advise if u require any additional research.

David
dyslexia

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 12:11 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
yes of course I owe you for the value of your legal advice, I'm just not sure how to make uot a check for nil.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:02 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

yes of course I owe you for the value of your legal advice,
I'm just not sure how to make uot a check for nil.

Do u challenge the accuracy of the fruits of my legal research on your behalf ?

David
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:29 pm
@Setanta,

The "mopes" are the Obamabots that refuse to see Obama for what he is.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:50 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

So far, my only qualm with Sotomayor is that now the NPR hosts have yet another reason to break into a fake Hispanic accent when they say her name. It is sooooooo annoying.

it does get annoying. i noticed that obama pronounced it in an americanized form, and she was standing next to him. i guess she could have corrected it if she wanted to.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 02:19 pm

I hope I didn't chase Dys away. -- My goodness, its his own thread.

OK -- look, Dys. I can be reasonable.
Take $100.oo off as a first time introductory discount.

Its not worth packing n leaving town over such a small amount.

David
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 03:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,

Facts combined with logic have a funny way of short circuiting Obamabots.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 04:01 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Her being Catholic is fine, but her being a racist is bad.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 04:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
I can see how it would seem that way to a retarded person. The human mind is fascinating!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 04:08 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Facts combined with logic have a funny way of short circuiting Obamabots.

it's pretty funny how you accuse others of being a mindless rhetoric yammering automaton while not recognizing that trait in yourself.

is that what happens when rush limppaw sucks the brains out of your head and replaces it with "shitto" ?

an example; drum roll please;

what was said, in full...

the cherry picked story that was slopped into the trough for consumption by shittoheads...

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 04:22 pm

I love how Obamabots rush in to show their support for a racist, it's all so very whimsical.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 04:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

I love how Obamabots rush in to show their support for a racist, it's all so very whimsical.

says the shittohead...
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 05:01 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,

shittohead = Obamabot
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 05:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

shittohead = Obamabot

pipe down, l'il fella. you're drooling kool aid all over your hannah montana tee shirt.
mysteryman

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 05:29 pm
While I dont know enough about Obama's pick to comment, I do know that she is NOT the first hispanic to be nominated.

But the last Hispanic nominee was blocked, protested, and stopped by the dems because he was Hispanic.

http://www.newmajority.com/ShowScroll.aspx?ID=273a272f-fbf2-409e-b786-b3f15531ad55

Quote:
But amidst the hoopla, now is a good time to remember another lawyer who, had he been held merely to the same standards of Sotomayor, may well have been the first Hispanic justice: Miguel Estrada.

In 2001, President George W. Bush nominated Estrada to the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. Yet Estrada’s nomination unleashed a furious Democratic opposition. A staffer to Sen. Dick Durban, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, noted that liberal interest groups saw Estrada as “dangerous”, because he was “Latino and the White House seems to be grooming him for a Supreme Court appointment.” The memo stressed that these groups wanted to “hold Estrada off as long as possible.”

Democrats, many of whom now praise the nomination of Sotomayor, mobilized to deny Estrada even the courtesy of a Senate vote. While one may justify the use of such extreme tactics for a Supreme Court nomination, the Democratic filibuster to avoid voting on his nomination was the first ever used against the nomination of a judge to a circuit court. Despite the efforts of Republicans to force a Senate vote, after seven cloture votes (a Senate process designed to bring debate to an end) and twenty-eight months, Estrada gracefully requested that the president withdraw his nomination. Gleefully, Sen. Kennedy claimed the defeat of Estrada as “a victory for the Constitution” while Democratic Sen. Zell Miller sadly noted that Estrada had “become the latest victim of Washington’s partisan, obstructionist politics.”

I'm sure you all remember him,especially since so many of you opposed him.
So I have to ask, what makes this nominee more qualified?
Is she "more hispanic" then Estrada?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 06:23 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

While I dont know enough about Obama's pick to comment, I do know that she is NOT the first hispanic to be nominated.

But the last Hispanic nominee was blocked, protested, and stopped by the dems because he was Hispanic.

http://www.newmajority.com/ShowScroll.aspx?ID=273a272f-fbf2-409e-b786-b3f15531ad55

Quote:
But amidst the hoopla, now is a good time to remember another lawyer who, had he been held merely to the same standards of Sotomayor, may well have been the first Hispanic justice: Miguel Estrada.

In 2001, President George W. Bush nominated Estrada to the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. Yet Estrada’s nomination unleashed a furious Democratic opposition. A staffer to Sen. Dick Durban, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, noted that liberal interest groups saw Estrada as “dangerous”, because he was “Latino and the White House seems to be grooming him for a Supreme Court appointment.” The memo stressed that these groups wanted to “hold Estrada off as long as possible.”

Democrats, many of whom now praise the nomination of Sotomayor, mobilized to deny Estrada even the courtesy of a Senate vote. While one may justify the use of such extreme tactics for a Supreme Court nomination, the Democratic filibuster to avoid voting on his nomination was the first ever used against the nomination of a judge to a circuit court. Despite the efforts of Republicans to force a Senate vote, after seven cloture votes (a Senate process designed to bring debate to an end) and twenty-eight months, Estrada gracefully requested that the president withdraw his nomination. Gleefully, Sen. Kennedy claimed the defeat of Estrada as “a victory for the Constitution” while Democratic Sen. Zell Miller sadly noted that Estrada had “become the latest victim of Washington’s partisan, obstructionist politics.”

I'm sure you all remember him,especially since so many of you opposed him.
So I have to ask, what makes this nominee more qualified?
Is she "more hispanic" then Estrada?

It is my guess that liberals did not want an Hispanic Clarence Thomas. His race was only an issue in that he represented the philosophy of Bush, and it is hard to publicly vote against an Hispanic in those circumstances.
0 Replies