Can anyone solve this anagram! Proving very elusive!

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 09:35 am
This is an anagram of which 20th century musical work and the surname of the person who composed it?

CHAOTIC TOUCAN RAIDS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,815 • Replies: 13
No top replies

newbyquizzer

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 09:43 am
@sophocles,
You've already asked this one on 17th May.

This is a GBQ question so please do not give a direct answer.

It is against the rules /spirit of the quiz /and the request of the organiser of the quiz to ask questions from it on sites like this. (as you well know Sophocles).

As more and more people are leaving the quiz due, I believe, to the more difficult questions being freely answered, (when most of us spend time trying to sort out the answer for ourselves), it is extreme danger of folding (as per the last newsletter).

Sophocles - you could do what I did. Google 20th century composers and wikipedia then go from there. It took me all of 5 minutes.
0 Replies

sophocles

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 09:58 am
Obviously I have tried your suggestions for the last two weeks but still cannot unearth the answer, that is why I am struggling to answer the question. Perhaps we aren't all as intelligent as you claim to be if you found the answer in five minutes! This is what this internet site is for, to help people answer quiz questions!
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 10:16 am
@sophocles,
Do a Google Search for a website called Andy's Anagrams. Use the advanced search option.
0 Replies

newbyquizzer

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 10:41 am
@sophocles,
I never claimed to be intelligent - far from it. I am merely saying that the answer is there if you google as I said. As regards this internet site helping people answer quiz questions, we have repeatedly been asked by the organiser to NOT ask questions on sites like this!
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 10:45 am
@newbyquizzer,
newbyquizzer wrote:

I never claimed to be intelligent - far from it. I am merely saying that the answer is there if you google as I said. As regards this internet site helping people answer quiz questions, we have repeatedly been asked by the organiser to NOT ask questions on sites like this!

So what? Who are you, the quiz police?

If the guy wants to ask for the answer, let him. What do you care?

Cycloptichorn
newbyquizzer

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 10:54 am
@Cycloptichorn,
No, not the quiz police. If I was, I wouldn't be trying to assist Sophocles.

I care because I do the quiz and because I enjoy pitting my wits against our quiz master. As Sophocles well knows, the quiz is in grave danger of folding due to people leaving the quiz, from, I believe, people asking the more difficult questions on these sites and being given the answer.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 11:01 am
@newbyquizzer,
newbyquizzer wrote:

No, not the quiz police. If I was, I wouldn't be trying to assist Sophocles.

I care because I do the quiz and because I enjoy pitting my wits against our quiz master. As Sophocles well knows, the quiz is in grave danger of folding due to people leaving the quiz, from, I believe, people asking the more difficult questions on these sites and being given the answer.

Why would that lead to the quiz being in danger of folding? I'm afraid I don't follow the logic here. Are you paying for this?

Cycloptichorn
newbyquizzer

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 11:07 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Yes, it is a prize quiz where folk pay good money to enter between £10 and £19 depending on which section of the quiz is entered - the prize fund being presently £880. So if people don't enter - the question setter has to still pay out the prize fund to the competitors who have entered and if more and more competitors drop out each time then it stands to reason that the situation cannot continue (as we were all warned in our last newsletter). Hope this explains my frustration.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 11:13 am
@newbyquizzer,
newbyquizzer wrote:

Yes, it is a prize quiz where folk pay good money to enter between £10 and £19 depending on which section of the quiz is entered - the prize fund being presently £880. So if people don't enter - the question setter has to still pay out the prize fund to the competitors who have entered and if more and more competitors drop out each time then it stands to reason that the situation cannot continue (as we were all warned in our last newsletter). Hope this explains my frustration.

It does. But this has 'scam' written all over it. I can think of several ways to scam the quiz (as the operator) within just a few minutes of contemplation. Be wary.

Considering that there is no way to prevent people from posting on boards such as this one, I wouldn't participate. I personally feel no compunction towards helping anyone out who asks, it means nothing to me that people have money involved; so you are going to see a continued skewing of the results.

Cycloptichorn
newbyquizzer

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 11:17 am
@Cycloptichorn,
You've lost me on the scam bit! I've been doing the quiz for lots of years and the questions setter is above reproach and more than fair. I would be extremely upset to see the quiz close after all these years.
0 Replies

sophocles

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 11:35 am
At last I have found the answer! Thanks for all your help! This was not an easy question in my mind and proved very hard to find, which is why I needed some help! Just a clue would have been nice! All these replies just seem to be pointless and selfish as nobody is going to get all the answers correct anyway!
newbyquizzer

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 12:20 pm
@sophocles,
Pleased you found the answer and yes I did give you a nudge in the right direction. Pointless and selfish? I don't think so and yes some people DO get all the answers right as you will see by the newsletters each month.
0 Replies

logicalguru1111

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2009 02:20 am
kzmnrqdo,smtnbbz,qzkhlhr rsmdldkd
can u plz solve this anagram for me, it sth which when googled will give us the hint in the computer world & it is very much related to maths/calculations
PLZ
0 Replies