Scientist Burns Penis Using Laptop

Matrix500

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2002 09:37 pm
Okay, Steve (as 41oo)...

If you're asking what this thread is about, read the link that Phoenix left on her first post to this thread.

If you're asking why I don't have a penis. I'm a girl, and we don't come equipped with them.

Hope I answered your question.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 05:59 am
Matrix

I did actually guess your sex when you said you were not in possession of that particular organ.

However the alternative idea struck me that you might have undergone a more serious injury than the subject of this thread! lol

Happy Christmas

Steve (male last time I looked)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 06:37 am
Hey now... I know a couple of women who weren't born that way, and while I'd never do it (I Like my penis... so does Mrs. SealPoet) I have to admire anyone that would.

It takes balls!

Anyway. I gotta wonder if the laptop had a hard drive, or was it just a software failure.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 09:22 pm
Hi, Steve...

Nope. No injuries, and no penis of my own. I'm just amazed that the guy in the article didn't realize that things were getting a little hot under his laptop before it was too late. I mean...REALLY!!! It gives new meaning to the phrase, numbnuts, doesn't it? Laughing
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2002 09:41 pm
Hi, SealPoet...

I agree that it would take balls to do that, and I too have admiration for anyone who could/would follow through on something so drastic just so they could finally be themselves. (But, at least these people would know what was going on and the reasons for it, unlike our scientist with the laptop...)
0 Replies

dxndmom

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 07:35 pm
YIKES!!!!!
You know, I WAS mad at my mother for accidentally crushing my husband's laptop. . . but now that I've read this. . . . . THANKS MOM! Very Happy
How'd she do it? We were moving furniture here and the laptop slipped from it's holding spot. We sat the couch down right on top of it. CRUSH! OOPS! Embarrassed It really was an accident!
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 07:56 pm
You know, they do generate a tremendous amount of heat.
Max loves to watch DVD's on "dad's compooter" and he loves to be naked.

This story is the reason why I tell him that these are mutually exclusive activities.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 08:05 pm
I suppose, if nothing else it is a good lesson for us to go forward with.
I feel the same way however, that extent of injury seems a bit suspicious to me but, I could be wrong.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 03:11 pm
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 04:21 pm
Oy. Well, one thing that strikes me as odd (there are lots of things that strike me as odd here. Bear with me, please) is that - wouldn't the scientist have noticed the smell of burning clothing prior to the aroma of burning flesh? Unless the man had no smell receptors or a pretty massive head cold, he should've smelled his clothes burning.

But he didn't. Know why? 'Cause he very likely wasn't wearing any pants. I know we've danced around the subject here, but I strongly suspect the dude was engaged in cyber with his laptop when the incident occurred. This doesn't excuse the laptop manufacturer, but it should mitigate damages, as the wearing of clothing would presumably have afforded some protection plus an early warning system that the laptop had overheated to a dangerous level.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 02:13 am
Jespah, if the microwave oven effect was responsible for injuries, then clothes could have remained intact. Cloth contains much less water than the human body tissues, therefore its electric resistance is thousands times higher. This makes currents induced by the microwaves having significantly lower values, and thermic effect of electric current is proportional to its magnitude.
Even if the direct heat is responsible for burn wound, the temperatures might have been below the temperatures needed to affect cloth. Cloth starts to burn at temperatures close to 300 degrees Celsius, while it is enough to apply temperature of 50-60 degrees to the human skin for several hours to cause mild thermic injury.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 02:26 am
Wow, something tells me steissd always had his hand up in science class.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 02:35 am
Yes, science (physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics) were my favorite subjects in the Soviet high school, and I did not study in the university only due to draft to the military in 1981. When I returned home in 1986 after 4 years spent in Afghanistan, the country I lived in started being dismantled, so it was not the best timing for starting university studies. Later I had to immigrate to my current location (hopefully, it is a temporary place to live in), and I had no money to pay for studies. And now I am somewhat old...
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 02:55 am
you're never too old steissd to continue to develop, enrich your knowledge, and to continue your education.

weird story btw, burning privates, sex changes........
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 03:15 am
'Twould be better if we burned Generals.......?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 03:27 am
there are a few Generals that I would personally torch, but that's for a different thread.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 06:24 am
Well, Pueo, now I have to work full-time and to do all the home chores (I live alone). And universities in Israel charge enormous fees hardly compatible with my incomes...
One more thing: I will never be able to find job in Israel if I graduate at age older than 32-33. But if and when I immigrate to Australia (my application is in process), I shall consider possibility of improvement of my educational level.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 06:26 am
By the way, Pueo, why do you hate military officers so much? Have you ever been a victim of some war?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 08:44 am
Good points, steissd; I didn't think of the microwave effect.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 25 Dec, 2002 03:26 pm
steissd wrote:
By the way, Pueo, why do you hate military officers so much? Have you ever been a victim of some war?

Don't hate officers in general, almost became one of them. Just a few idiots who had more stars on their shoulders than brain cells in their heads.
0 Replies