Jet Flyover in Manhatten Causes Panic

Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:04 pm
@ossobuco,
So do you think they did this purely to test how people would react?

Nothing completely surprises me.
mismi

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 01:55 pm
@Linkat,
Either they are a callous bunch a-holes (I hate that word but it suits so well here) or they are just dumb as a door post. Maybe a bit of both.

Surely they didn't test it...but heck - I can't say anymore....I try not to buy into conspiracy crap, and I try so hard to believe the best in folks...but sheesh - the older I get the more I get disappointed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 02:29 pm
@Linkat,
No, I haven't meant that if I seemed to imply that. I think that they knew there would be some reaction (or, how stupid could they be not to know that? I just plain don't believe they didn't) and they didn't care.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 02:46 pm
Was the 747 one of the AIRFORCE ONES on standby? It looked like it was. If thats the case, who is minding the store? Im pissed at Obama for this . He should have been in the loop and snuffed this phoyto op when first proposed.
Linkat

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 02:50 pm
@farmerman,
Well Obama says he was angry about it and didn't know about - at least what I read.

Just plain old dumb. It could be just not caring - but I agree they can't be that stupid (I don't know which is more scary - to think they are that dumb or that they don't care).
mismi

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 04:26 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
(I don't know which is more scary - to think they are that dumb or that they don't care).

exactly - it gives me a bit of a quiver either way.

I don't expect Obama could control everything. But I bet something like this won't happen again if he has anything to do with it. Many would pin it on him and use it against him.
TTH

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 06:14 pm
What a bunch of hypocrites (not naming names), if President Bush was in office this thread would be pages long with people bitching on how it is the President's fault the whole incident happened.
mysteryman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 01:47 am
@mismi,
Quote:
Many would pin it on him and use it against him.

But since he is the President and it was authorized by someone on his staff, it is Obama's fault.

It will be interesting to see if the staffer that OK'ed the flight gets fired or not.
farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 04:54 am
@mismi,
The trouble with this not happening again is that the assholes in the civil service positions that do the work, will come up with entirely new ways to do stupid things stupidly. While I criticized Obama because it was on his watch, I see that even the president (when he spoke) was outreaged at the event and was kind of angry for not having been checked out with his close staff.

At least he didnt land on an Aircraft Carrier like Johny Quest with a helmet and flight jacket . as a photo op
saab

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 05:06 am
@TTH,
Well said
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 08:29 am
@farmerman,
Concur with all points.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 11:09 am
@TTH,
I did not vote for Obama - I am not blaming anyone in particular as I don't know who was involved - I just noted he said he was unaware of it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 11:10 am
@mysteryman,
I do agree with that statement - if it is under you are responsible whether you knew about it or not. Happens to me all the time in my job. That is probably why he is so angry. Believe me I've had choice words for people who caused me to look bad.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 07:04 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Blinks, there's the Kick...

what the hell have you been up to, you scamp...?

Hi Osso. I have been around, but for some reason, I just haven't had the time or inclination to spend hours and hours around here like I used to. I miss those days, but it's probably better this way. Lately I've been so busy at work and at play that sometimes I even go over a whole week without visiting!

Hope things are good with you and the rest of the beautiful people of A2K.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 09:01 pm
@farmerman,
Raises hand timidly:

What on earth does the White House have to do with air use in NYC?
0 Replies