Should skinny people pay less for airline seats?

chai2

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 07:00 am
Every time I see the "should obese pay more" I get an internal twinge of disgust.

What about all those skinny people out there? They are getting some raw deal, I'll tell you what.

Shouldn't they be paying less for clothes too, since there's less of it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 2,133 • Replies: 34

ebrown p

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 07:04 am
@chai2,
By that logic, naked people shouldn't pay anything.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 07:13 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

If I were to go in the buff, they'd charge me double for getting all the hair off the seat.
chai2

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:05 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

ebrown p wrote:

If I were to go in the buff, they'd charge me double for getting all the hair off the seat.

That's why people at nudist camps always carry towels. I learned that from David Sedaris.

Nudists should be given discounts on towels.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:07 am
@chai2,
I think skinny people should sell their excess seat space to fat people. Everybody wins!
Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:09 am
@chai2,
I believe you pay more money for the design of the clothes and actually putting it together (sewing and stuff) than the material itself so the cost difference is "immaterial" (pun intended).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:20 am
@chai2,

dwarfs?
anyone??

R(is this thing on)P
Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:39 am
@Region Philbis,
Nah - not for clothes - they would have to be specially designed so it would be more expensive.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:58 am
Yes, airlines should pair people by weight - skinny next to obese;
by interest: poker players from row 5 - 9 ; by common interest: quilting from
row 10 -11 and only on flights to Utah; by marital status: singles who seek a
romantic connection sit in row 40 - 48 in the back of the plane with dimmed lights. All kids should be seated together in a sound proof cabin somewhere
adjacent to the plane - something like this:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4559/42sz4.jpg
mismi

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 09:05 am
@CalamityJane,
Oh - that's funny Jane!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 09:08 am
I just wish fat people would think long and hard about the harm they're doing to our environmnent.
Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 09:32 am
@Gargamel,
Jesus, I was just making a joke and Gunga went and posted a ******* bullshit article about it.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 09:33 am
@Gargamel,
You can't joke with Gunga - he takes everything for face value!
It will be fun when he books a flight in row 48 Wink
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 10:25 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

I just wish fat people would think long and hard about the harm they're doing to our environmnent.

....and what about people with long hair? all that excess shampoo melting the polar ice caps is enough to make me sick.

Those of us who are naturally hirsute should be required to donate their clothes to all the fat people, who need more of it. Us hairy persons of slavic origin can just let the hair on our backs grow to keep us warm/sheilded from the sun.
Linkat

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 10:39 am
@chai2,
I don't know about excess shampooing - some of these long haired types don't regularly wash their hair any way - you know the hippee type.
Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 10:50 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I don't know about excess shampooing - some of these long haired types don't regularly wash their hair any way - you know the hippee type.

Yes but their reefer smoke poisons our air.

Those damned hippies--always taking pot and doing weed. Show me one hippie who's not on grass and I'll give you a hundred hacky sacks.
chai2

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 11:33 am
@Gargamel,
Do you mean those very same hacky sacks that are depleting the ozone layer?

Not to mention the hacky sack sweat shoppes.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 01:33 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:
I think skinny people should sell their excess seat space to fat people. Everybody wins!

I like your thinking. (Not for the first time, I might add.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 04:06 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

they're trying to save the environment by using less detergent-based products (doesn't everyone remember this stuff?)
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:15 pm
What about from the business perspective of the airline? Short people that are average weight (for their height) likely allows the jet to use less fuel. Skinny people that are tall may make the jet use more fuel?

Very heavy people may just go by train anyway.

But, to answer the thread's question: In my opinion, skinny people could just pay the regular fare; heavy people would have to pay a surcharge. Not for taking up all the room on a seat, but for making the flight less aesthetically pleasing. Yes, aesthetics were once a criterion by the airline, when stewardesses were young, pretty and female in the 20th century.

1. Forums
  2. » Should skinny people pay less for airline seats?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 12:37:11