Should skinny people pay less for airline seats?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:28 pm
@Foofie,
Now that's obnoxious.
Foofie

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:33 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Now that's obnoxious.

I can see where it would be, for those that do not value bluntness. I suspect it is genetic, in my case. I believe I am a throwback to someone that survived by being skilled in the obnoxious arts.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2009 08:39 pm
@Foofie,
I'm fine with straightforwardness.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 07:21 am
@Foofie,
Then could attractive people also pay less for aesthetics reasons as well?
DrewDad

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 07:30 am
@Linkat,
I'd pay extra to sit next to someone who doesn't talk to me.

Perhaps we can all get a rating on how nice of seatmate we are. People with high ratings get subsidized by people with crappy ratings.

Leaning your seat all the way back: -1
Helping someone with their bag: +1
Dropping your bag on someone's head: -2
Brushing your teeth before the flight: +2
Farting: -8
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 07:58 am
@DrewDad,
Dropping your bag on someone's head: -2

How about dropping the entire contents of the overhead compartment on someone's head?

Yes this happened to me - I had a horrible seat as it was - the last row, loud and the seat does not recline. Well some bonehead opened the overhead compartment to get a magazine (seems the compartment above me, held a multiple of magazine for passenger use). He wasn't very careful and then entire contents fell on my head - it lasted for quite a while as the compartment was full. All I could do there was just sit with my hand over my head to protect it.

My good friend had a chuckle at that - at least it made some one happy.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 08:04 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

If that were the case, I'd be getting paid to fly.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 08:38 am
@chai2,
You and me both! We'd make millions!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 08:41 am
I could blackmail the airlines by threatening to fly.

I'd tell 'em I'm having burritos for dinner the night before....
Gargamel

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 09:11 am
How many points for selecting a seat overlooking the wing and then, during the flight, staring intently out the window, looking at my fellow passengers, and repeatedly saying, "Uh, oh"?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 09:16 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

But, to answer the thread's question: In my opinion, skinny people could just pay the regular fare; heavy people would have to pay a surcharge. Not for taking up all the room on a seat, but for making the flight less aesthetically pleasing. Yes, aesthetics were once a criterion by the airline, when stewardesses were young, pretty and female in the 20th century.

The airlines could make a mint charging extra for farting and for being ugly or for having smelly feet... or for snoring.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 09:18 am
@DrewDad,
Do you know I was once on a flight that served bean burritos - my friend and I were horrified saying soon the farting is going to begin!
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 08:35 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Yes, and those that admire them would have to then pay more for the privilege of travelling with aesthetically pleasing co-passengers.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 12:30 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Now that's obnoxious.

On additional thought, I am the one person deserving of the above condemnation? The entire thread, might be incorrect in some etiquette book, based on thin people, as well as fat people can be sensitive about their respective body type.

My problem is that I am sort of thick-skinned, or at least I became that way, and I tend to forget that others might not be. Apologies to anyone that took offense at my attempt to be part of the crowd. I should know better at this point where I do not belong. Thank you ossobuco for being a catalyst to some introspection.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2009 12:39 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
...What about all those skinny people out there? ...Shouldn't they be paying less for clothes too, since there's less of it?

They already do.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:21:56