Who and how are you greeted?

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 09:56 am
When I get home after a hard day at work, I open the door with the anticipation of being welcomed home with lots of hugs and love. But alas it doesn’t usually happen. My youngest girl used to come running up to me with a big hug and scream of “Mommy!” but now she is usually busy playing with her older sister or on the computer or some such crap. Usually I go find my two girls playing in their room and usually they tell me to get lost. I kiss them on their heads and leave " sign.

Maybe hubby will greet me " but no. He is usually some where and I barely get a hello " although on a rare occasion he may hide around the corner to scare the hebbie jebbies outta me.

Who greets me? The cat " sometimes even both of them! But the funny thing is it is the grumpy cat that comes running over meowing and rolling around in front of me. If the more loving cat is nearby, she will come over too. Well at least the old grump loves me.

So how are you greeted? It doesn’t have to be after work, but maybe while you out. It is full of love or are you lucky to get a simple grunt?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 866 • Replies: 4
No top replies

mismi

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:02 am
@Linkat,
hmmm....the kids.....lots of talking and clamoring when I pick them up in the car. There is not a hello Mommy, sometimes I still get a hug from my five-year old...but generally it is loud three little boys trying to tell me about their day all at once. Me trying to sort out who goes first so I can understand then talking all the way home. They are still young though...twin 9 year olds and a 5 year old.

My husband sometimes slips in goes upstairs changes clothes comes down and I get a perfunctory kiss and a pat on the bottom. But that is comfortable and not at all discouraging.

Somedays not even that. We have a tendency to take so much for granted don't we?

The cat sits and stares waiting for me to pick him up. The dogs will knock me down with their fervor sometimes...Biscuit steps on my toes...every time. Pistol just keeps jumping in front of me until I pet him. Biscuit will keep nipping my hand while I am petting him until I pet her. They are certainly gratifying to have around...
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:15 am
Most enthusiastically, I am greeted by the dog first - even if I just return from
taking out the trash. Family members greetings vary from day to day.
Since I pick up my daughter from school, I get lots of immediate talk, no hello,
just like mismi. Sometimes I pick up more girls and then I won't get in a word edgewise, I am reduced to the chauffeur only.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:17 am
@mismi,
Yeah - I think that is why I agreed to getting a puppy - I figure the dog is gonna love me -
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:20 am
@Linkat,
Usually I am greeted with what RP and I refer to as Squeak Mouth. I can't find an example on Youtube and will need to record it or something. It's a squeaky sound made when you purse your lips together and let air out. It's not a raspberry; the tongue is not involved.

Or we just say hi.
0 Replies