Michelle single handedly destroys British/American alliance.

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 08:01 am
Foxfyre demands Obama resign. Yes Michelle but her arm around the queen with actual physical contact.

saab

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 08:23 am
The Queen seemed to take it easy with Michelle´s arm around her.
Just curious about all the advisers no one told her - don´t touch the Queen and personally I don´t think you should hug or put your arm(s) around people who are strangers even if you are invited into their home.
Obama did the same thing to Brown - instead of walking into the dining room first as a guest of honour he put his arm around Brown´s shoulder and pushed Brown into the dining area - as if Obama was the host and Brown the guest.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 08:39 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
Foxfyre demands Obama resign. Yes Michelle but her arm around the queen with actual physical contact.

I heard she just touched her lightly on the back for the briefest moment. I don't think it was a lesbian encounter or anything.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 08:46 am
@dyslexia,
Even more dangerous is her close contact with Muslims

http://i41.tinypic.com/24zayid.jpg
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 09:22 am
@dyslexia,
I thought the our independence from Britain meant that Americans are not British subjects.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 09:28 am
The queen put her hand on Michelle's back before Michelle returned the hug, which signaled that it was OK to touch. I thought it was about time the pomposity of royality was broken.

BBB
dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 09:29 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
it's really just a symbolic gay rights thing.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 09:35 am
I have to say that the story would have been better if she'd come up behind the queen and started giving her a shoulder massage.
Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 09:37 am
@FreeDuck,
Or better yet, a wedgie . . .
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 09:39 am
@Setanta,
Laughing

That would've been quite a sight since she'd have to dig up under her majesty's lovely pink dress to get at them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 09:40 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Or better yet, a wedgie . . .
it's a well known fact that the queen doesn't wear underwear.
FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 09:45 am
@dyslexia,
Wouldn't that have been a surprise for Michelle. Laughing

"Firs Lady Gropes Queen, Destroys US UK Alliance"
dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 09:49 am
@FreeDuck,
Michelle finds Queens cheeks laced with stretch marks as well as an IPod, NATO crumbles.
Mame

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 10:10 am
@dyslexia,
Laughing
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 12:22 pm
@dyslexia,
these two knew how to give each other "satisfaction " Shocked Wink

http://www.nationalpost.com/1455738.bin

and were given a military salute to ease any awkwardness - perhaps a bugle call might have been appropriate ... later ?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 12:57 pm
I thought we started our own country and fought a war to be free of such royal protocol bullshyt.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 01:04 pm
@snood,
The English view of all that (from today's [London] Evening Standard [02.04.09, Late Night Final, page 4]):

http://i39.tinypic.com/wwga52.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/255o0hz.jpg
saab

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 02:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
According to Times and the German paper Süddeutsche zeitung Michelle did it first.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 02:12 pm
@saab,
Well, the Süddeutsche reports that "against convention, Michelle Obama put her arm around the Queen" - with the very same photo as the Evening Standard, and writing later nearly the same as the Times (see below).

The online version of the Times says:
Quote:
When Michelle Obama put her arm round the Queen at Buckingham Palace, some of the more excitable elements of the media - particularly the Americans - suggested she may have been guilty of a breach of protocol.

They missed the real story, however. What was far more interesting was that the Queen put her arm round the First Lady.

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 02:26 pm
world economy, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, global warming, poverty, national health, etc. etc. etc. and the real issue is who touched the other first.
Drunk Drunk Drunk Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes