Soros profitting from your loss

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 04:50 am
http://moneyrunner.blogspot.com/2009/03/soros-profiting-from-your-loss.html

Quote:

Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Soros Profiting from Your Loss
If you were upset by the AIG executives, what is your reaction to George Soros? While Barack Obama was talking down the economy and investors saw their portfolios cut in half, Soros and three other hedge fund managers made literally billions buy selling stocks short and driving the price of shares down.

Four hedge fund managers made over $1 billion by wiping out trillions of dollars of people's net worth. Together the top four fund managers made between $7 and $8 billion dollars personally. Meanwhile the Democrats in Congress are busy stirring up public ire about a few million that workers at AIG were promised if they stayed on to clean up the mess.

It's an old magician's trick of misdirection. While Frank, Dodd and Obama tell you to look over there, they rake in the campaign contributions from financial pirates who profit by driving the price of your stocks down and destroy your plans for retirement. Coincidence?

George Soros, ... made .. $1.1 billion last year.
Quote:
'It is, in a way, the culminating point of my life’s work,' he told national newspaper The Australian.

Soros of course is sort of the godfather of the modern demoKKKrat party.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 4,403 • Replies: 40
Topic Closed
No top replies

gungasnake

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 05:07 am
more...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1164771/Im-having-good-crisis-says-hedge-fund-manager-1billion-world-plunged-recession.html

Quote:

Quote:
'I'm having a very good crisis,' says Soros as hedge fund managers make billions off recession

By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 5:13 PM on 25th March 2009

George Soros said the current economic crisis has been the culmination of his life's work

A hedge fund manager who predicted the global credit crunch has said the financial crisis has been 'stimulating' and the culmination of his life's work.

George Soros, who predicted the global financial crisis twice before, was one of the few people to anticipate and prepare for the current economic collapse.

Mr Soros said his prediction meant he was better able to brace his Quantum investment fund against the gloabal storm.

But other investors failed to take notice of his prediction and his decision to come out of retirement in 2007 to manage the fund made him $US2.9 billion.

And while the financial crisis continued to deepen across the globe, the 78-year-old still managed to make $1.1 billion last year.

Quote:
'It is, in a way, the culminating point of my life’s work,' he told national newspaper The Australian.

Soros is one of 25, top hedge fund managers from across Wall Street who have defied the credit crunch crisis to reap a total of $11.6billion (£7.9bn) last year.

The managers made their profit by trading above the pain in the markets, according to Institutional Investor’s Alpha Magazine.

Former maths professor James H. Simons, who has made billions in hedge fund Renaissance Technologies, earned $2.5 billion running computer-driven trading strategies.

And John A. Paulson, who made his fortune by betting against the housing market, came in second earning $2 billion.....
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 05:25 am

Is Soros the man behind the curtain?, the puppet master?
gungasnake

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 05:43 am
@H2O MAN,
It kind of has to look like that, doesn't it? He's at least the man with the motive and the guy behind moveon.org.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 05:51 am
http://i40.tinypic.com/27xqdmx.jpg

Top 25 Hedge Fond Managers Earned $11.6 Billion in 2008
gungasnake

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 05:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Difference seems to be that the demokkkrats aren't talking about directing lynch mobs after those guys or their families so far....
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 06:16 am
The blueprint of the Limo Liberal.

Scumbags like short sellers are a cancer
0 Replies

parados

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 07:08 am
@gungasnake,
I thought it was rich people that created jobs gunga. And here you are demonizing the rich. Are you trying to take my job from me?
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 10:37 am
My question would be - did he influence the market? Did he publish work regarding the market colapse and short sell thus influencing the market? If so, he could be charged with insider trader. There was a wall street journalist writer who used to write Heard it on the street or something like that. He would write about some stock or investment and prior to that have his partner buy/sell accordingly - he got caught and was charged as his article could influence the value of the stock/investment.

Hedge investors themselves aren't to blame. These sorts of investments are more risky and therefore tend to have huge gains or huge losses as a result (risk/return relationship). If you invest in a stock - the most you can lose is the value of the stock, however, if you short sell - your losses are limitless. A stock can continue to go up in price forever - you lose whatever the stock profits in.

I do have a small amount in a hedge fund.
0 Replies

djjd62

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 10:45 am
these guys are profiting from a market in freefall, no big deal

the other guys aig, fannie and freddie et al, are the ones who put it in that situation

it kills me this kind of bullshit, soros is a douche, so be it, but he's taking advantage of a situation because he can

gungasnake

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 12:58 pm
@djjd62,
If Soros had never had anything more to do with American politics than voting I might could buy that sort of thinking. In the real world however given the extent of the guy's involvement in putting and keeping in place the bad political actors and actresses who have had such a major hand in bringing all of the present grief about, the United States and its people have to appear sort of like rape victims in this picture and Soros like the rapist.
DontTreadOnMe

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 02:52 pm
gosh, i thought gunga embraced the free market. i thought h2o man liked the idea that anybody can make a lot of money.

but now we find out that both of them are really anti-capitalists. who knew?
djjd62

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 03:07 pm
@gungasnake,
that's so much bullshit, that scumbag cheney and halliburton, and bush and his oil buddies making billions the last few years, it goes on in both camps
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 03:51 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

gosh, i thought gunga embraced the free market. i thought h2o man liked the idea that anybody can make a lot of money.

but now we find out that both of them are really anti-capitalists. who knew?

And capitalism is the foundation of the American system. So the question is: why do gungasnaKKKe and H2OMan hate America so much?
H2O MAN

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 06:54 pm
@joefromchicago,

BUCK
FARACK

Joey,

You pontificate as if you were the prince of reverse land.
Too bad, so sad... Reid already has that job.
DontTreadOnMe

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 07:42 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

BUCK
FARACK

Joey,

there, there l'il fella. you don't have to explain your contradictory statements to the bad, bad mans.

NO
MAH
0 Replies

Foofie

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 08:21 pm
Do we hear anyone saying that short selling should be outlawed for the future? Too many fancy bets, I believe. Too much securitization (bundling the sub-prime mortgages), I believe.

DontTreadOnMe

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 09:10 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Do we hear anyone saying that short selling should be outlawed for the future? Too many fancy bets, I believe. Too much securitization (bundling the sub-prime mortgages), I believe.

the entire banking and stock system needs to be updated and reformed. not scrapped, but made to work in this century.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 27 Mar, 2009 08:21 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

BUCK
FARACK

Joey,

But at least I don't hate America, like you and gungasnaKKKe.
parados

Fri 27 Mar, 2009 12:00 pm
@joefromchicago,
It's almost as if gungasnakkee and H2OMan are so UNAmerican they would be willing to attack the President and his policies during time of war.