How to start up a Rainsoft Gold Series conditioner unit

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 06:59 pm
The rainsoft Gold water conditioner came with the house when we purchased it, and we just noticed that the softener never regenerated because it was not plugged in. So, when we plugged it in, water started flowing continuously out of the drain tubes. The letter P showed up on the display, and then 6:14 and then 3:12 and then 3:11. The unit will not respond to pressing any of the buttons on the display. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? What should I expect when the unit is plugged in? There is no manual or instructions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 21,441 • Replies: 21
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 05:37 am
@Theresa Wright,
Unplug it and put it on bypass.

Provide your email and I will send you the operators manual.
texwillerx

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2009 12:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
I will be very happy if I also get a copy of the operator's manual

My e-mail is: [email protected] (please remove '-nospam')

Thanks
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 07:38 am
@texwillerx,
Check your email
EriknChristy

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2009 11:07 am
@H2O MAN,
Hello. We ran into the same thing (bought house with Rainsoft Gold Series, plugged it in and it seemed to run continuously, etc). Would you please email me the Operators/Set-up, etc manual too? My email address is [email protected]. Thanks!
awharton221

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:41 pm
@EriknChristy,
Hello, I've had the exact same problem ... could you send me a manual as well?

[email protected]

Thanks!
Aubrey
TherylMcCoy

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 01:27 am
@awharton221,
Are you sure it's not just regenerating? Water pouring out of the drain tube is part of the process that takes 1-2 hours. I bought a used one that did the same thing, but eventually it stopped and now works great.
0 Replies

hutchg

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 02:53 pm
Why are the setup "codes" in the installers menu such a secret? Is it only so you are forced to pay for a service call even for minor adjustments? That's pitiful!
I've had my unit for 23 years and updated it to the Gold Series computerized head a few years ago. I need to make a minor adjustment. Can you please share the codes and what each means?

Thanks
hutchg@ yahoo .com
jason883

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 06:41 pm
@hutchg,
Can someone please send me the gold series manual. I just purchased home that has the water softener and its has salt sitting in the tank, should i clean that out before i do anything? Not sure how long it has been sitting there it was a foreclosure.
[email protected]
0 Replies

avon6221

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 03:05 pm
We have the same problem ...can I get a copy of the manual
[email protected]
0 Replies

kevin stingley

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 08:20 am
@H2O MAN,
I also have a rainsoft gold series unit that is not operating properly. Every time i call service its another hundred and still not working properly. I also need a service manual. It never seems to go thru a full regeneration even when manually started and seems like its working.. Email is [email protected]
0 Replies

Midwest Millworks

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 06:43 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hello H2O Man,

I just purchased a used Rainsoft gold series water treatment system. This one has the square salt tank, and two fiberglass tanks. I believe the first tank is a carbon filter, and the second tank which has the control head on top of it is the softener.

I have been researching all over on how to set it up and set the hardness level. I keep finding threads that ask you to email people a pdf that tells how to access the secret gold raindrop button menu which allows you to set the hardness among other things. Do you still have access to this and if so could you email it to me? My email address is [email protected]

The model # for my unit is QRS 844 SH
Serial # is 515430
manufacturer date is 01/13/03

Thank you,

Mike
0 Replies

Steve Mac

Reply Wed 26 Feb, 2014 08:59 am
@Theresa Wright,
Hi,

We have just moved in and appear to have the same problem. Can you send us a copy of the operators manual please?

Steve & Caroline McKeown
[email protected]
pcharlee

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 11:28 am
@Steve Mac,
I have purchased a home
That also has the Rainsoft Gold Series Water Treatment System..I have no clue where to start. It has power and the digital reader has a time
Displayed ..please any ideas would be extremely appreciated.
RayEGarcia

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2015 10:45 pm
@pcharlee,
Their will be a small rain drop at the front of the control unit, press and hold, and at the same time push the enter button. This will allow you to change the settings.
0 Replies

Saffordonline

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2015 09:06 pm
@Theresa Wright,
I have a rain soft AQC 50 CT unit. Would you have a manual for it. [email protected]

Thanks
0 Replies

Neorambo

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2016 09:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
@H20 MAN
I have had a rainsoft AQC 75 and my softener started sound like it was regenerating all the time. The sound over the days got louder and louder. Water bill came in and it was 3 times higher than normal. So I turned the bypass valve and turned it off. Do you have the operators manual? I'm trying to figure out what is causing the softener to be so loud. my email is [email protected]
0 Replies

Marycel54

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2016 07:33 am
We just bought a house with the rain soft gold series. We have never had a water conditioning system before and have no idea of where to start with this system. The seller is not an option as she has been difficult throughout the buying process. Any assistance would be appreciated. [email protected]
Thanks!
0 Replies

rainser

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 11:26 am
could someone please send me the manual at [email protected] .

Thank you.
0 Replies

papacc

Reply Sat 5 May, 2018 02:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
I saw this thread and am in need of the installers instructions for the Rainsoft Gold series. I know how to access it by pressing the raindrop in upper right corner and pressing enter at same time, I just need to know what each code means and the average settings. I appreciate your help. My email is [email protected]