The origin of our A2K names...

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 04:54 am
Right, I have to admit that this has been bugging me since I joined A2K. I'd like to start a topic for people who wish to share the origin of their A2K names. I understand that some people will not be comfortable in doing this. That's cool, don't worry. Some people have explained in other topics as a digression from the thread, but I'd like to see them collected together. Post whatever you want!

I'll kick off by explaining that 'Grand Duke' is from a nursery rhyme based on a guy apparently from my current city of residence. I dropped the 'Old', as I'm not.

The Grand Old Duke of York,
He had 10,000 men,
He marched them up to the top of the hill,
Then he marched them down again.
And when they were up, they were up,
And when they were down, they were down,
And when they were only halfway up, they were neither up nor down.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,829 • Replies: 114
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 05:02 am
Daddy has a Harbor Seal
That visits A2K
And that's about the whole of it
There's not much more to say.

Daddy has a Harbor Seal
Like a dog that's soaking wet
It tickles Daddy's fancy
And is thus his nom-de-net.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:43 am
Montana is a cowgirl in a program I watch who reminds me of me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:44 am
What the hell kind of program has a cowgirl named Montana? Are we talking Canadian TV? No wonder you people have problems with your apple trees.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:47 am
gustavratzenhofer - So you think maybe "Idaho" would sound better? Laughing
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:49 am
Well.. Kinda simple really. The name goes with the "I'd rather be.." bumperstickers seen quite often.. In my case - I'd not only "rather be fishin'", I am!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:49 am
Rhode Island?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:52 am
dlowan wrote:
Rhode Island?

Hey! I never Rhode Island. I never even knew her that well. Very Happy
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Fishin' - have you got some fancy arrangment of lap-top and wireless network near a river, or do you have a pond in your house?! There is a pub near Leeds with a stream running underneath. It goes through the bar & restaurant areas, but they have covered it in thick perspex to stop drunken Yorkshiremen from drowning too often...
0 Replies

cavfancier

"Idaho"....I heard that was the reason for cancelling the Miss Ebonics America beauty pageant...

As for me, cavfancier, I like caviar, and like my dog, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. That's it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:54 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
What the hell kind of program has a cowgirl named Montana? Are we talking Canadian TV? No wonder you people have problems with your apple trees.

Actually the program is based in Australia and is called snowy river. You think you can do a better job with apple trees? Come on over and show me what you know Mr. Ratzenhofer!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:56 am
Grand Duke wrote:
Fishin' - have you got some fancy arrangment of lap-top and wireless network near a river, or do you have a pond in your house?! There is a pub near Leeds with a stream running underneath. It goes through the bar & restaurant areas, but they have covered it in thick perspex to stop drunken Yorkshiremen from drowning too often...

I live alongside a lake actually. A quick run out the back door, slide the canoe in and off I go. Wink

There is a bar in upstate New York that has a small stream running under it. They put up plexiglass walls on both sides because the idjuts were using it instead of the men's room.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:57 am
I'm not going to risk the danger of being attacked by those three foxes. Cage those animals and I might drop in for a apple tree consultation.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:58 am
And I am not going to tell you that Gautam is my real name
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:59 am
"but they have covered it in thick perspex to stop drunken Yorkshiremen from drowning too often..."

What is the correct number of times for a Yorkshireman to drown???

LOL!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 07:01 am
What foxes?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 07:01 am
Montana has "guard foxes."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 07:02 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I'm not going to risk the danger of being attacked by those three foxes. Cage those animals and I might drop in for a apple tree consultation.

Ok Gus, you've got yourself a deal. Do you want me to cage the beavers too?
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 07:02 am
I'm jealous of your lake, fishin'. I live near the river here, but it's brown and covered in tourists in small cheap boats in summer. There are a few anglers but they never seem to catch much.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 07:05 am
Quote:
Ok Gus, you've got yourself a deal. Do you want me to cage the beavers too?

Plural! What the hell is in the water up there?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The origin of our A2K names...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 06:27:41