Australia 'low priority' in crisis: UK

Deckland

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 08:14 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

He would be quite horrified & perfectly justifiably, Deckland!

But, as you can see, desperate measures are required in this one-way conversation! Wink

I may have to bring the royal family into this. That'll shake em up! Laughing

Things are so tame ... msolga can't get a bite from the Brits ...
And I can't get a bite from msolga .... Must be the weather ....
msolga

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 10:56 pm
@Deckland,
Aw sorry, Deckland. I'll try again:

Are you accusing me of being a bloody racist, Deckland???!

How dare you! Evil or Very Mad

You ... you .. bloody Queenslander!!!!!!

Better? Very Happy

(You are a Queenslander, aren't you?)
dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 11:20 pm
@msolga,
He'll know what a bloody deck feels like after you land him one, Msolga!!!
msolga

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 11:21 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Don't bother worrying about it Aussies. It's just a bit of base flattery for the wankers. Maybe Clive James thought it up. You're always No.1

Our friend, spendi! Very Happy

Clive J should just admit he hates the idea of actually residing in Oz & stop making a living out of being a "expert" commentator of things Australian. That's what I think! And Germs, too! AND that fellow with 3 legs & the wobble board, as well! What would they really know of things Oz, after all this time?

But you know, spendi, I suspect that for many Brits, Oz actually is No 1!
During the recent Victorian bushfires I noted that the coverage in the UK was huge - front page stuff. The BBC, the Times, the Guardian, etc, etc .... Compared to the US coverage & that of our "nearest neighbours", it appeared that what was happening here actually mattered to the Brits- a great deal, actually! I was quite amazed at the scope of the coverage, to tell the truth.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 11:25 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
Don't bother worrying about it Aussies. It's just a bit of base flattery for the wankers. Maybe Clive James thought it up. You're always No.1

He certainly will, bunny!!!!
Deckland

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 11:27 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

You ... you .. bloody Queenslander!!!!!!

Better? Very Happy

(You are a Queenslander, aren't you?)

Aye, a bloody banana bender .... that's me.
msolga

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 11:32 pm
@Deckland,
Yes I thought so!

And I just knew that last post would draw you out! Wink

So. Are you going to insult some Brits or not, Deckers? You'll notice they're staying away in droves, despite the best efforts of the good bunny & myself!
msolga

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 11:47 pm
@msolga,
What happened here? Confused

I (thought) I was quoting Deb's Deckland being decked quote. And got the Spendi quote again.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 04:48 am
@msolga,

The traffic on The British Thead is low too, at the moment.

Yes, were were very concerned about the fires in SW Oz. And the ongoing droughts.

We've got friends in Sydney, and relatives in Tamania. We've sent you some of our best criminals over the years. And in return? Germaine Greer, Barry Humphries and Clive James. And a load of mutton. I ask you.
dlowan

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 05:46 am
@McTag,
Lucky to get 'em.

We're prepared to apologize for Rupert and Rolf, though.
Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 10:25 am
@dlowan,
What about the mutton?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 10:28 am
What about Olivia Newton Bomb? What about "Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bed post overnigh?", or "Tie me kangaroo down, Mate"?

You people have a lot to answer for.
McTag

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 01:07 pm
@Setanta,

Ah yes, Lonnie Donegan too. Who could forget him?

Had there been no Lonnie Donegan, there'd have been no skiffle craze, no Hank Marvin or John Lennon on guitar, no British rock. Lonnie started it all.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 12:27 am
@McTag,
Yes. I know there's an Oz connection for many a Brit, McTag. Just the same as there's a Brit connection for many Australians. (Even though we are without a doubt a very "multicutural" nation these days, as you'd know .....) (I have a "Brit connection" even though absolutley nothing to do with my heritage as anything to do with England!)

But, but ... even so, there is definitely a big connection with the UK. Personally I don't think this is a bad thing at all! Very Happy (Apart from the Oz royalists! Wink )

I read Spendius's comment about this thread last night on your thread. I felt a bit awful. Seriously, none of the comments here (on this thread) were meant to cause offense. And If they did, for my part I'm genuinely sorry. I was hoping for some fun banter. Thank you for understanding that!

You know, I really like & appreciate most of the Brit A2K posters. I do so wish more of you would come out of your Brit zone/thread a bit more often!

0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 12:35 am
We didn't take offence - us Poms are made of stronger stuff!

What about Frank Ifield...

x
msolga

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 12:43 am
@smorgs,
Smorgs!
I am always so delighted to see you! Very Happy
But quite frankly, there is no possible excuse for Frank Ifield! Shocked
What were you thinking?
spendius

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 05:35 am
@msolga,
I'm a Chips Rafferty fan. And Prisoner in Cell Block H. That Doreen was wonderful.
margo

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 03:18 am
I'm greatly impressed that Deb threatened the Poms using cricket terminology! Never knew she had it in her!

Howzat!

And the Aussies are coming - just after we finish off those loud-mouth Sefricans.

5-zip last time. Have you got team yet? A captain? A coach? Anything? And such pissy little fields.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 05:01 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I'm a Chips Rafferty fan. And Prisoner in Cell Block H. That Doreen was wonderful.

Laughing

Are you kidding us, spendius? I have a feeling this could well be the case!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2009 05:07 pm
@smorgs,
Quote:
What about Frank Ifield...

You know, for a minute there, smorgs, I completely forgot Frank Ifield was Australian!

So it's not you who have something to answer for, it's us!

I remember you-hoooooooooooo! Laughing

0 Replies