Prayers needed for Brooklyn's (JustBrooke) father. Please pray.

djjd62

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 05:08 pm
better safe than sorry, regarding the flu thing

continuing the good thoughts
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 06:27 am
@JustBrooke,
Hey Babbling - thinking of you and hoping you'll be able to see PaPaBabbling when its deemed safe to do so. He knows you with him hunni - but I know it must be awfully hard not to be able to go see him. Do go out with your friends and "decompress" - OK! You gotta make some time for you to relax.

Love you ((((((((((((Babbling, PaPaFamilyBabbling)))))))))))))))xxxxxxxx
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 06:52 am
Just popping in to say, I read this thread each day. I am with you even if I don't respond.
Izzie

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 06:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hope the weekend went well for PaPa (((((((thinking of you all Babbling)))))))))) xox
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 08:52 am
I just got the most fantastic news I could hope to hear, so I thought I’d better share!
Brooklyn’s daddy is being released today! He still has a long road ahead of him, but at least he’ll be home surrounded by people who love him. Brooklyn’s back to her full-time + assistantship + job, so I don’t know when she’ll have time to fill you in on the details… but I knew all of you wonderful people would be happy to hear the great news! Heartfelt thanks to each and everyone of you!
djjd62

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 09:11 am
@OCCOM BILL,
great news bill, i'm sure he'll be happier at home, hope he takes it easy, i know he'll get the best of care

continued good thoughts
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 11:50 am
Oh YAY!!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 12:09 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
FAN-TAS-TIC................ such good news. SUCH GOOD NEWS. Thanku Bill x

((((((((((((((Babblings)))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 12:11 pm
Great to know, bill.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 12:26 pm
Very good! Thanks for letting us know, Bill!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 12:33 pm
We'll keep him on the prayer list for now.

http://prayerwarrior.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/candle-flame-and-reflection.jpg?w=88&h=132

Being at home is a good thing and definitely will have its benefits. But it also creates other pressures and can make slow progress more frustrating and discouraging when an active guy hates and perhaps feels guilty being an invalid and wants to be up and about doing stuff. So I think it will be important to keep the prayers and good vibes headed in that direction guys. Both for Bob and those who love him.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 6 May, 2009 04:30 pm
@Foxfyre,
Great to read the good news first thing this morning Bill, happy days ahead for our Brooklyn.
Izzie

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 08:16 am
@Dutchy,
Doing a little jig for our Babbling - listening to the brook babbling away outside. Will be sending you happy tunes across the pond for MaMa and PaPa. Love you girlie. x
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 06:59 pm
Just so you all know; all is as well as could be hoped for. Lots of visitors for mother's day and it went without incident.
Izzie

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 07:07 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Here Bill , thanku - still doing a little jig and passing a fluffy pillow to MaMaBabbling to rest up a little. Love to you (((((((((((((Babbling))))))))))))))) - love you. xox
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 03:57 am
Great to read things are still progressing positively.
Izzie

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 04:04 am
@jespah,
((((((((((((((Babbling)))))))))))))))

Thoughts of you dear friend - hoping you will rest soon and will be able to see PaPa. Love you Brooklyn. (((PaPa/MaMa)))

<waves to Bill - hugs him big>
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:12 am
Good morning ..... Just wanted to let you guys know that everything is going amazingly well. A continual improvement. I still can't help but be amazed. I know that God works His miracles, but it's just almost surreal to look at where he has come since March 13th. He seems to be really thriving now that he is home again. The male nurses are beyond fantastic. The one that was working on Mothers Day was so good with Daddy that I feel sort of an innate calmness in just knowing that he is there watching over him. Nothing like one on one care, I think. But this guy has such a soft and gentle air about him. Almost angelic in nature. I don't know how to explain him. He even mingles well with the family. He was playing with the kids, which was great because it kept them from wanting to crawl all over their pap-pa.

Anyhow, the next step will be the Cleveland Clinic hospital sometime in June. They have some of the best heart doctors in the world. He will have some kind of defibrillator device put into him at that time. They will also form a plan of treatment that will consist of whatever can be done in relation to the scar tissue left behind. We still don't fully know that yet, but will once he is in the Clinic next month.

As for now, we have surely been blessed and will hold onto our faith.

If spells go by without my having posted on this thread ..... please know that means everything is moving forward without mishap. No worrying allowed! Smile

Every single one of you that has posted.....I would so love to give you a real hug. Just know that this virtual hug is straight from the heart.

You guys are awesome!

Thank you!

xo
Izzie

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:30 am
@JustBrooke,
oh....... so glad the nurses are there... and all is going well

did you know... we had a TV programme over here when I was little girl called "Angels".... it was about nurses.

<they do have wings... really>

perhaps your PaPa's nurse is his guardian angel - i reckon we all have 'guardians' watching over us - I know I do.... in the strangest form.

love you girlie x
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 10:25 am
Izzie, there is definitely something to be said about guardian angels. Mine have had to save me a few times.

Once in my car. I had a friend that called me and was needing me. So I left Ohio and headed for Iowa. Was an 11 hour drive ahead of me. It was evening when I left, so I knew I would be driving all night. Sometime in the wee hours of the night, on a lonely dark highway (where there was hardly anyone else on the road at that time) ... I had a hard slap upside the back of my head. It was coming from my backseat is all I knew at the time. I stopped the car on the road and jumped out. Was shaking like a leaf. I quickly looked into the back seat of my car and there was no one there. NO ONE! I kept peeking in the side window because I knew that there HAD to be someone there. Why wasn't I seeing them? Was soooooo scared to get back in my car. But ya see, when I got that slap up the back of the head, I was pretty close to going off the left side of the road into the median because I apparently had fallen asleep. The slap .......hmmmmm. It no doubt saved me from an accident that night.

Another time ...in my car again. I was on a county road. Speeding along. In front of me .....way on down the road, I saw this HUGE object in the middle of the road. I kept saying "what is that!?" and shaking my head. Blinking my eyes. But it wouldn't move. The closer I got, the bigger it got. It was actually quite beautiful. It looked like a beautiful woman with long flowing hair and a dress that was flowing all around her in the breeze. At least that is what it looked like to me. Suddenly it dawned on me that I was going to hit it if I didn't slow down. So I hit my brakes and it just poooofed. Disappeared at the same time I was cresting the hill on the road where it stood. It's a good thing that I did hit my breaks because it kept me from hitting a tractor that was sideways on the road that I couldn't see until I crested that hill. I would have hit the tractor head on with my car at a pretty high speed, had I not braked for that object in the road.

Guardian angels? Both of those incidences were way beyond me, is all I know.