When does morning sickness start ?

srik

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 08:48 am
I'd want to know how early can nausea, vomitting and morning sickness starts during pregnancy in women. I know every pregnancy is different. However, I'd wanted to know what the earliest when these symptoms can begin in a pregnancy. Can these symptoms begin even before ovulation ? Or do they mandatorily occur after the first missed period.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,070 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:18 pm
I'm not a pregnant gal but I can definitely tell you that morning sickness is anything but mandatory. It does not happen in every single pregnancy.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:27 pm
I'm not nor have ever been pregnant, but I'm fairly sure it starts between the 4th and 6th week of pregnancy (if it's going to happen at all).
chai2

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:30 pm
@Green Witch,
Another never preggers woman here, but...

you ask if you can have morning sickness before ovulation.

that would mean you're not pregnant.
sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:36 pm
@chai2,
Right, that's the point I was going to make too.

As for when it starts, for me it was one of the very first signs that I was pregnant. It started very early and hung around for about the whole first trimester.

It's very individual though. If you know you're pregnant and you haven't experienced nausea yet, that's not necessarily a problem. If you're not pregnant and you've experienced nausea, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with pregnancy.

Why did you want to know? (Just in terms of providing the info you're actually going for...)
0 Replies

deenamathew

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 03:50 am
@srik,
Morning sickness usually starts around week six of your pregnancy or the third week after conception. But because every pregnancy is different it can vary from woman to woman.
0 Replies