OK to continue the post I'm replying to:
- I'm looking forward to the mad scientist experiment, Thomas. We have some classical but not much, and she does like what she's heard -- specific recommendations are great there, I'll try it and let you know.
- She does like the Beach Boys!
- When we were talking last night after I turned this off, she reiterated that she LOVE LOVE LOVES They Might Be Giants -- not just "Particle Man" -- so definitely will be getting a CD of them (if I get one, which one should it be?)
- Aidan, that's another one that looks promising. I loved "Autumn to May" when I was a kid, it's one of the few lullabies I sang to sozlet when she was a baby.
- Bruce is her pal. She saw him live this fall and really liked him. Thanks for specific recommendations.
- Good idea re: early solo Paul Simon, msolga!
- Really looking forward to sampling your daughter's playlist, CJane, especially for the more current stuff.
- Yes makes sense, thanks bpb!
- Norah Jones is a great idea, she's past my time but I've read about her and she would seem to fit the bill. Other suggestions look good too, thanks ehBeth!
- Mark Knopfler, yeah -- "Walk of Life" was another big hit for her on YouTube, though she didn't like "Money For Nothing."
idea to look at post-Beatles solo work, DrewDad. I had completely forgotten about "Got My Mind Set On You" until I saw it, then it's been going through my head.
- Roy Orbison and Tom Petty are both great ideas, parados. (This is gonna keep us occupied for a year!!!)