this will teach the little buggers

candide

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:13 pm
@Thomas,
Why is it just to take from me what is not yours to take. If these social retards conceive kids and then refuse to feed them lock them in a factory till they have made enough money to feed em.

Leave my resources alone. Everybody has the right to do what they want with their life. In the course of living carfully is my reward FEEDING OTHER PEOPLES KIDS?
dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:19 pm
@candide,
candide wrote:

Why is it just to take from me what is not yours to take. If these social retards conceive kids and then refuse to feed them lock them in a factory till they have made enough money to feed em.

Leave my resources alone. Everybody has the right to do what they want with their life. In the course of living carfully is my reward FEEDING OTHER PEOPLES KIDS?
Be very careful when selecting your parents to prevent going hungry.
Thomas

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:23 pm
@candide,
I notice you didn't answer my question. You advocate that if one has a kid by law one has to fed it oneself.

Or what? What do you suggest should happen by law if one doesn't?
candide

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:27 pm
@dyslexia,
Selecting my ass, Your dealt a hand and you play it. The best thing they can do for these kids is give them a big fat spoon of reality as young as possible so they won't be like their parents.

Everytime I gave them their cheese sandwiches I'd tell them "Food cost money kid and your parents won't give us any, heres a hand out. If you work and study hard you wont have to take any more hand outs"
candide

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:28 pm
@Thomas,
Lock them in a factory till they produce enough to feed there own kids.

Make it a law.
dlowan

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:29 pm
@candide,
And what are the kids doing while their parents are locked in a factory?

If you can find a factory right now that isn't shoving people out the door.
Thomas

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:31 pm
@candide,
Quote:
Selecting my ass, Your dealt a hand and you play it. The best thing they can do for these kids is give them a big fat spoon of reality as young as possible so they won't be like their parents.

That's a valuable lesson indeed. Why just teach it to the kids of poor parents? Why not teach it to all of them? If schools just gave everybody a cold cheese sandwich for free and didn't offer upgrades for money to anyone, would that make you happy?
djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:35 pm
http://homelessmanspeaks.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/dickens_oliver_twist.gif

0 Replies

candide

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:37 pm
@dlowan,
The kids are in school and after school there taken care of by daycares also staffed by parents working of their "child wellfare debt".

I'm sure those American factorys wouldn't mind some free labor.

And if this is a bad idea WEAR A FUCKEN CONDOM.
0 Replies

candide

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:44 pm
@Thomas,
It would make me happy if none of my money was going to anybody but me and who I choose.

What am I quilty of?

If you can afford a kid....GREAT! have a kid.

If you can't afford a kid......DON'T HAVE ONE! It is very cruel to the kid. It is inhuman and if you do we will put you to work to provide for the kid. But nobody is going to be forced to pay for your kid.

Yes take all lunches away inless you pay for it.
djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:49 pm
@candide,
wow, you're a regular ray of ******* sunshine aren't you
candide

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:53 pm
@djjd62,
It's just the truth and it can't be disputed.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:56 pm
However hard it is, in a perfect world, anybody who had a kid he or she could not support or find somebody willing to support it for him/her would lose the kid. If there would be no welfare benefits and no baby, I would imagine that unwanted and/or unsupported children would become a whole lot more rare than they are now.

But we don't live in a perfect world, and most of us are not willing to be that hard nosed. So we should do the next best thing which is to apply social pressure to encourage parents to parent their kids responsibly and stigmatize those parents who do not. Social pressure is a powerful thing. A good place to start would be to make it customary again that parents give their kids a good breakfast before they send them to school and the kid goes to school with a sack lunch or money in his pocket to buy lunch.

It used to be that way when most people had a far sight less money than most people have now. How hard could it be to get it back to that point again?
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 05:58 pm
@candide,
It's a shame only the man your mother was married to wore a condom.

Izzie

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 06:03 pm
@djjd62,
Wink

Hey all

We've got a school policy - it states 5 days, then school dinners have to cease. Yeah right! Tiny, country school - low income - some of the kids who we have - we know the only hot meal they are gonna get is a home-cooked school dinner.

We're a business - education - budgets blah blah. We are supposed to stop their meals. In the near 10 years I have worked in primary education - not once have we stopped a child from eating. The school meets the cost - normally out the "school fund" or "donations to the school". We're only tiny - that would be hard to do in a big school. We don't make the kids feel guilty. We do talk to the parents, send out the letters, copy of the policy etc. If it continues - we have to hand it over to County. Our school meals cost £1.85/meal. Even people who earn above the minumum annual salary and therefore aren't entitled to Free School Meals - in our county (and all over the UK) often find it hard to pay for school dinners. It's actually quite sad when folk really can't afford it, yet don't meet the criteria for receiving Free School Meals.

Hey, makes us a crap business I suppose. But ****, I can live with that.

Sorry Candide..... just can't getta hold of your thinking there.

candide

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 06:03 pm
@chai2,
Careful, Society needs me to work to feed other peoples kids.
candide

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 06:07 pm
@Izzie,
I am very happy to see you doing what you want to do with your time and resources effectively. Very Happy
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 06:22 pm
@candide,
candide wrote:
It would make me happy if none of my money was going to anybody but me and who I choose.

What am I quilty of?

Nothing. Whatever makes you happy makes you happy. I can't argue with that.

candide wrote:
If you can't afford a kid......DON'T HAVE ONE! It is very cruel to the kid. It is inhuman and if you do we will put you to work to provide for the kid. But nobody is going to be forced to pay for your kid.

Oh yes, they are going to be. That's how the system currently works. You have a problem with the system? Well that's just too bad! Why should I care about your problems with the current system? I am at least as indifferent to your stingy whining as you are to other people's kids.

Now -- what am I guilty of?
Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 06:24 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
But we don't live in a perfect world, and most of us are not willing to be that hard nosed. So we should do the next best thing which is to apply social pressure to encourage parents to parent their kids responsibly and stigmatize those parents who do not. Social pressure is a powerful thing. A good place to start would be to make it customary again that parents give their kids a good breakfast before they send them to school and the kid goes to school with a sack lunch or money in his pocket to buy lunch.

God . . . you live in fantasy land, don't you? I'm sure you would readily subscribe to the Victorian notion of "the deserving poor." How do you intend to "make it customary again" that parents give their kids a good breakfast and a lunch or lunch money? What makes you think it was customary in the past?

We had kids who came to school with no lunch and no money, and in the days before there was a cafeteria in the school--so they went hungry. Everybody knew who they were, and someone always managed to come up with two cents so they could have the half pint of milk at mid-morning, which they often seemed to inhale, probably because they had had no breakfast, and wouldn't get anything else to eat until they got home that night.

There was one girl, Alma, who was filthy dirty--not just mostly unbathed, but with smears of dirt on her face and hands which were there from one day to the next, and often were still there on the Monday when we went back to school. She was dirty like a dirty child in Hollywood movie make-up that you ordinarily wouldn't believe. Alma wore the same dress for literally weeks on end, when it would be replaced by her older brother's shirt and trousers--and she'd turn up in her one dress again the next day. She got a new dress every few years when she had so far outgrown the last one that it was no longer even remotely decent.

She brought no sack lunch, and when the cafeteria opened in the new school, they just fed her. No one bothered about the weekly lunch money, or even about the pennies for the milk any longer. They knew they'd never get it, and they knew that Alma probably wouldn't even have understood what you were saying if you had attempted to explain it to her. Once when she was given a note to take home to announce a field trip, she began to tremble and burst into tears, because to her mind, a note from school was trouble, and meant disaster for her. Trying to get her to tell her parents she had to come up with lunch money would have been far worse from her point of view.

By the time we were in the eighth grade, most of us had caught up to Alma, and plenty had passed her--she was 16 years old then. (After the first year, most teachers just promoted her to get rid of her--i doubt she ever genuinely passed any grade.) One day in the playground at lunch time, she cut her finger and came in with tears streaming dirty streaks down her dirty face, horrified and almost hysterical at her injury. The vicious bitch with the BS in Ed who was our eighth grade teacher starting talking to me about Alma and how pathetic she was and that her hysteria arose from a lifetime of neglect in a home which didn't deserve the name. (I was "detained" after having been caught playing solitaire in the back of the classroom with a miniature deck of cards.) I was squirming, but really there was no way for me to escape. At one point, the nasty old bitch looked directly at me and said: "You know, i think she might actually know we are talking about her." I had enough at that point--i said: "Not we . . . i wasn't talking about her, that's just purely hateful" and i ran out of the room. I was sure i was in big trouble, but nothing happened, and then it finally dawned on me that the vicious bitch probably didn't want to have to explain herself and her remarks to the principal, and surely didn't want to take the chance of being confronted by the drunken, violent son-of-a-bitch coal miner who was alleged to be Alma's father.

The world is full of Almas, and i suspect always will be. Pathetic, dull-witted and smug bromides like ones you're peddling here, Fox, do absolutely nothing to help the Alma's of this world, and never will.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 06:26 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
However hard it is, in a perfect world, anybody who had a kid he or she could not support or find somebody willing to support it for him/her would lose the kid.

We tried that with homes for unwed mothers. Young pregnant girls were hidden away until they gave birth and then the baby was given up for adoption. Do you really want to return to that? I don't think that method prevented any pregnancies, but it certainly ruined people's lives.

Quote:
If there would be no welfare benefits and no baby, I would imagine that unwanted and/or unsupported children would become a whole lot more rare than they are now.

Not true. Studies show that people with money are as likely to have unplanned pregnancies as poor people. Women with money are slightly more likely to have abortions because they can afford a quick solution. I think Sarah Palin's daughter is a good example of people who know they shouldn't get pregnant but somehow end up pregnant. Anyone who has dealt with women on welfare know that they do not do enough planning for anything let alone plan to have a baby and go on welfare.

Foxfyre, you are the very example of why people think the term "Compassionate Conservative" is an oxymoron.