Can u suggest a job for my traits?

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 05:52 am
i was wondering if i listed some of my qualities and you could suggest a job, off the top of your head.

-well first my reflexes are too fast, i mean like lightning fast.
-i have no fear of heights or fire or anything really.
-im pretty smart i learn very fast.
-i enjoy reading and memorize anything i read the first time i read it
-im detail oriented
-im attentive and alert to my surroundings
-i can see the big and small pictures
-i think outside the box but dont lose focus of inside the box
-i like to be busy, and not just busy focused.
-i am good at deducing things/problem solving
-i am good at brainstorming and coming up with various ideas and solutions
-i am good at explaining things to people with metaphor/similes whatever one it is.
- i love to do lists
-im good at leading people, by example, setting goals, helping, training, coaching, and through discipline.

-i hate cash registers
-i am not good at customer service
-i hate numbers
-i like clients, not customers.

1 on 1 discussion about problems are awesome, active listening i am very good at.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 20 • Views: 3,910 • Replies: 40
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 05:53 am
@OGIONIK,
first things i think of are pc tech.

but im looking for something i havent thought of.
sullyfish6

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 07:47 am
Have you thought about stock market broker?

You seem to be bored easily and don't like working with people.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 08:01 am
Nobody can pick your occupation for you. If you have the chance, do what interests you. Try it out if you can as an apprentice or temporary or volunteer. When I once thought I wanted to go into medicine, I volunteered at the hospital as a candy striper. I found out I did not want to go into medicine. I just wasn't wired that way.

But I did want to write and teach. I was happiest when influencing and teaching with words, word pictures, concepts, ideas and that has been my main strength in whatever I did to make a living. Ironically I wound up working several years in hospitals doing communications and public relations.

Whatever you wake up in the morning thinking about, looking forward to doing, eager to get to, do that for your vocation if you can.

You are the only one who knows what that is.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 08:18 am
http://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu/Default.aspx

You may want to take some of the questionnaires at this sight.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 08:50 am
proof reader for M&M's
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 09:00 am
Pot dealer?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 09:42 am
librarian
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 09:47 am
@OGIONIK,
With those strengths, I think you'd make a good teacher - but probably not in the classroom. Maybe you could do some sort of outdoor education program like Outward Bound - be a rock climbing instructor or something.

Oh, but yeah - got to give up the pot first (if you smoke). You'd need a clean strip and you don't want to be up on the rocks stoned...get it rocks...stoned- (I didn't eve mean to do that - no, I'm not high0= just in a good mood).

The other thought I had was tree surgeon- another thing I'd like to do but can't - scared of heights.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 05:21 pm
@OGIONIK,
paramedic?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 05:27 pm
@OGIONIK,
Run for president. You can't miss with those assets.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 05:56 pm
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:
i was wondering if i listed some of my qualities and you could suggest a job, off the top of your head.

I'd rather suggest a trait that I think would serve you well in almost any job:

Learn to write like an adult. You write like a teenager (ignoring capitalization, punctuation and grammar). I know you probably think that you can turn your capitalization on and off and that if it depended on it you could just do it but I don't know any successful person in jobs with written communication needs that writes in text-message speech anywhere other than in text messages, and even then many use proper English in text messaging (I do).

No matter what your other qualities are, I'd never be able to get past your writing if I were hiring for an office job and read your post.

Compare:

"im detail oriented"

I'm detail-oriented.

Which claim would you be more likely to believe? If you don't like cash registers then work on this, it can only help you. Try it here on a2k. I know a couple of people who came here only to practice their writing and were able to improve their career outlooks by improving their verbal communication here. With all this practice if you just tried to write with proper capitalization and punctuation here it'd become second nature to you.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 06:05 pm
Shipping/Receiving
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 06:08 pm
@OGIONIK,
Window washer
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 06:13 pm
Robert makes a good point.

Veterinarian technician
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 08:26 pm
Infantryman.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 09:15 pm
construction/building inspector
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 09:56 pm
@OGIONIK,
You have a ranting thing going on, which, y'know, I'm not without myself, but it serves you badly. I get rants, but have never done it at work over decades. I'm not clear how much you do that in work life. I do see you as impatient and certainly agree with Robert re language. Language can be taken as classist - I'm still learning that, but dumbing is not a smart road.

I think most of us figure you as smart and dealing with a tough set of circumstances, but I also see you as not coning down and - off on whoopee escapades. Ah, bizarrely immature.. while likeable. That gets less cute.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2009 10:20 pm
Ogionik, really, I don't think it matters what work you decide to do. The main thing is to & get started on the best option that's available to you. (I imagine finding a job in the current economic climate will not necessarily be easy.) Then stick with the job long enough to get somewhere. If I may be a bit blunt, you spend a lot of time thinking of things you might do. A short while ago you were seriously contemplating travelling the world. If you can get yourself motivated to get out there & find work & hold down a job for a time, that'd be making progress! Even if you move onto something else eventually.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2009 08:43 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

With those strengths, I think you'd make a good teacher - but probably not in the classroom. Maybe you could do some sort of outdoor education program like Outward Bound - be a rock climbing instructor or something.

Oh, but yeah - got to give up the pot first (if you smoke). You'd need a clean strip and you don't want to be up on the rocks stoned...get it rocks...stoned- (I didn't eve mean to do that - no, I'm not high0= just in a good mood).

The other thought I had was tree surgeon- another thing I'd like to do but can't - scared of heights.

tree surgeon

thats a very interesting idea.
0 Replies