Should sex abuser get teaching license back?

dyslexia

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 08:36 pm
@dlowan,
not that I have anything relevant to offer but in my years in child protection services, about 1 x year the elem schools would have an assembly produced usually by school staff informing the small children about "not being touched in private parts" the days following, our (child protection) hot line would receive numerous reports from those same children of teachers (and others) "touching" them. There were, of course, 1,000's of reports of sexual abuse from feuding neighbors, in-laws and divorce/custody conflicts.
Thomas

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 08:41 pm
@dlowan,
Fair enough. I hereby affirm for the record that I don't think you're hysterical -- except in less serious threads, and then in a good way.

Better?
dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 08:55 pm
@Thomas,
Lol!!! I don't mind SOME hysteria, but re child abuse, I don't think I am.

All is fine.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 09:00 pm
@dyslexia,
Yeah?

That doesn't happen here...but sometimes kids get the notion that nobody is allowed to touch them, including parents!!!

I have some real reservations about these programs, though I think they are gradually getting better.

Doing it in assembly, for instance, is sheer madness!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 05:50 am
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
I know of a case where a physician sexually harassed three nurses in a hospital.
In court he could prove reasonable doubt and was not convicted, however the
hospital did revoke his privileges, as they felt that their fiduciary responsibility is with the nurses ; they needed to protect them.

That really isnt the same thing.
The hospital revoked his privileges, so he couldnt work AT THAT HOSPITAL.
They did not, nor could they, revoke his license to practice medicine.
So, he could still be a dr and still earn a living.
By revoking a teachers license, you have effectively stopped them from working.

I dont think thie teacher should have lost her credentials, but I do think she should have been moved out of that class and started teaching adults.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 12:38 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
By revoking a teachers license, you have effectively stopped them from working.

Only in the public school system. Private schools can hire her.

Quote:
I dont think thie teacher should have lost her credentials, but I do think she should have been moved out of that class and started teaching adults.

You do realize that the license revoked didn't have anything to do with teaching adults? The license was to teach certain grades in a public school. For any other kind of teaching her license is irrelevant, the licenses mainly determine what age group and subject you can teach in a public school.
Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 12:35 pm
@Thomas,
Private schools can decide whether they want to hire a liscenced teacher or not.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 12:37 pm
@Robert Gentel,
hey you beat me!
0 Replies