valentinesday problem

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:10 am
um...i have been dating this guy for about a month, and i have no idea what to get him for valentinesday. or if i should get him anything. any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,400 • Replies: 8
No top replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:16 am
@shorty42,
I would just get him a card. Get him what you are comfortable with.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:37 am
@shorty42,
How about making dinner? Or get a card and make some cookies or brownies.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:42 am
I agree with TTH.. something simple would be best, but this early on it needs to be something you are comfortable with..

if a card feels ok by you? do it..
Flowers?
Nothing?

what ever feels good to you then do it. Dont feel as though you HAVE to get something simply because its valentines day . It will not be the end of your relationship Wink
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:45 am
@shorty42,
I would give him one of those little boxes of candy hearts that have the little messages on them, like: crazy4u .
And then I'd buy something else, like a cd or something and first I'd give him the little candy hearts sort of like a fun little something you just picked up off hand and then if he didn't have anything for you - just leave it at that and keep the cd - but if he did have a present for you and you wanted to reciprocate with something bigger - you'd be prepared.

Or you could just say, 'I wanted to get this for you because I saw it and I thought you'd like it', and give him something whether he gives you anything or not.

But either way - I'd give him the candy hearts - those are always good for a laugh.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:47 am
Get him A HUG!

Have a great day everyone! Wink
bonka09

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 03:31 pm
@shorty42,
a month isn't that long so you dont' want to get him anything too big because he probably wont' get you anything too big, so a card would probably do just fine or even a little box of chocolate, even a small dinner for you 2 only would be simple enough
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 04:07 pm
@Gargamel,
and a basket of kittens.

or, if he doesn't have a smile, give him one of yours!
Linkat

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 04:13 pm
@chai2,
Or better yet a bonsai kitten!
0 Replies