Will you celebrate Valentines Day or AntiValentines Day this year?

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 02:54 pm
Will you be celebrating Valentines Day this year with a significant other? Or will you be going the opposite way and revolting against the corporate agenda based holiday by celebrating its antimatter version, Anti-Valentines Day?

This thread was inspired by an Urban Dictionary submission I read this afternoon.
Quote:
ValentIDES Day
February 15, or the Ides of February. Best day to celebrate Valentine's Day, where restaurants do not try to gouge you with exorbitant prices.
This year, we are celebrating our love on ValentIDES Day, so that we can save money on our restaurant bill.
by darwinplanet on Jan 20, 2012

tags: valentines, ides, love, gouging, restaurant
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 2,596 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

Mame

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:22 pm
I don't like any holiday celebrations including Valentine's Day. I think celebrating the fact that you're born is stupid, and even worse are Mothers' and Fathers', Easter, Christmas, St. Patrick's, and Valentine's days. I'm definitely bah-humbug, and I boycott diamonds just on principle (or, as Linkat would say, "principal"). lol

So no, we won't be celebrating that stupid holiday.

But have yourself a nice day tomorrow Smile
tsarstepan

Mon 6 Feb, 2012 08:57 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
But have yourself a nice day tomorrow

I can tell you truly are not interested in Valentine's Day as you're off by at least a week.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 8 Feb, 2012 10:24 am
@tsarstepan,
yes - but we will not do it on valentines day as usual this is a busy day at work for me. We will do it on that Friday - it is more as an excuse so my husband and I can have time together than it really being VDay. We discussed it last night - just so we can have some alone time.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 8 Feb, 2012 10:25 am
@Mame,
Quote:
or, as Linkat would say, "principal"). lol

B**ch!

Just for that I'm gonna go out and buy you the biggest and most hideous Vday card.
0 Replies