What if someone died in the living room?

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:37 am

aidan

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:52 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I rhink I'd say, 'Oh ****!' and then depending on who it was and how much I loved them, I'd either call 911 immediately, or I'd hold them and cry before I dialed those three numbers.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:55 am
you just step over them and keep going
aidan

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:58 am
@shewolfnm,
Not me.
I'd have to at least pause.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 10:53 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Whose living room?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 10:56 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
The died in the wrong room.

BBB
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 10:56 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Not really sure!

I know if someone dies on the golf course...and the person happens to be in the group in front of your group...you are not excused by those circumstances from being obligated to extend the courtesy of asking to "play through."

You must do it.

If the death occurs in the foursome in which you are a player...it really becomes a case of "hit the ball; drag the body; hit the ball."

If you are playing the front nine...and if the dead person is a regular in your group...it is okay not to play the back.
neologist

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 11:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
Those rules sound quite reasonable, Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 11:19 am
@neologist,
I think so, too, Neo.

By the way...about the "dragging" element.

I would hope everyone realizes that it is common courtesy to be as careful as possible not to unduly damage or dirty up the corpse while dragging it. Doing so would be at least as serious a breech of golf etiquette as talking or moving while someone else is putting.

But consideration of the “be careful while dragging the corpse” courtesy does not in any way excuse the foursome (now actually playing as a threesome) from keeping pace. Speed of play is always paramount. No ranger worth his salt will buy something like “we've gotta drag this dead guy” as an excuse for an open hole between groups.
NickFun

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 12:48 pm
Is this simply a hypothetical question or more an an "oh ****! What do I do now?" kind of question?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 02:18 pm
I think it depends moron the location as well as other circumstances.
Heh! Did I say moron?

Let's assume it is not your living room and, further, that you are a social guest at a party and not a realtor or some other professional at the home for business reasons:

First, I think it would be most appropriate to inform the host.
It may be he or she would wish to use the deceased as an additional cocktail or hors d'oeuvres table.
If the deceased was a relative, appropriate responses may range from mournful caterwauling to outright delight and additional champagne.

So, you see, a lot depends on circumstances which Ms. Bumble has yet to provide.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 02:20 pm
@neologist,
Now yer gettin' in the spirit of things, Neo! Drunk
neologist

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 02:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
MORON this later, Frank.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 02:31 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
bbb :

do you require advice urgently or can it wait until a panel of a2k'ers has discussed it thoroughly ?
perhaps put the kettle on - a cup of tea is good and will calm the nerves .
hbg

ps why not check back in another month ... or so .
BillRM

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 04:00 pm
@hamburger,
Having had a dead rat in my walls once I can tell you that it can not wait a month.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 04:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I think so, too, Neo.

By the way...about the "dragging" element.

I would hope everyone realizes that it is common courtesy to be as careful as possible not to unduly damage or dirty up the corpse while dragging it. Doing so would be at least as serious a breech of golf etiquette as talking or moving while someone else is putting.

But consideration of the “be careful while dragging the corpse” courtesy does not in any way excuse the foursome (now actually playing as a threesome) from keeping pace. Speed of play is always paramount. No ranger worth his salt will buy something like “we've gotta drag this dead guy” as an excuse for an open hole between groups.

I would have thought, Frank, that you would also have mentioned being careful, while dragging, not to create any divots.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 04:18 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
have you been listening to steven wright?

0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 06:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I would hope everyone realizes that it is common courtesy to be as careful as possible not to unduly damage or dirty up the corpse while dragging it.

I would also suggest removing any cleats the decedent may be wearing so as not to damage the greens.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 06:48 pm
If I had someone dead in my living room the last thing I'd do it go on and ask A2Kers for advice. I'd simply take the corpse out to the garage, put it into the trunk of my car, drop it in a secluded place and place some false evidence around to make it look like someone else did it.
neologist

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 07:01 pm
@NickFun,
What if it were some sort of natural death?

Wouldn't that be overkill